Saturday, May 16, 2015

New Project: Love Live Chibi Badges~

NEW PROJECT

Started this on a whim(><) to try earning money from my art...
Base Design
I made this base designs to make into keychains(after seeing someone demo one sample of his self-made keychain)

TBH, not all are great; personally, I find Nico, Nozomi and Eli were done badly, and that Rin was the cutest I did yet my aunt and sister think otherwise... My sister likes Hanayo in this and I must admit, I didn't expect myself to draw her cute(?) while my aunt(if I didn't rmb wrongly) she likes Eli and she finds Umi was done weird(so does my sister but she still find her cute though...)

And then, I asked my friend if she like one(I'm giving her for free- just this exception) and she chose Kotori-which I'm surprised since my sister said the Kotori I did doesn't look like the real kotori...
Well, the designs and now is the hard part; the colouring... Any artwork can be ruined by this simple act called colouring- a wrong choice of colour and your char is a new OC... Poor colouring and say goodbye to your artwork... Sigh...

About Honoka, apparently, I find ver. 1(the intial one I did) was kinda bad so decided to redo it into ver. 2 and I think ver. 2 will be better one to use in my opinion. 

All these designs are based on my interpretation of each char- what do I think when I think of [insert char name] and then draw accordingly to my interpretations. 
  • I did Umi first- it was a random one since I was trying out so didn't really think of what post to give her(I was tempted to draw her thinking of Kotori something at that post but realised there won't be enough space...) 
  • Honoka was next- again another random one cos I couldn't think of one but now that I think about it... I should have drawn her eating bread...(it was cute when she took one bite and said, 'today's bread is delicious!')
  • Following that, I did Hanayo- this time I did have inspiration(mostly cos I did a birthday fanart before) from the time her eyes sparkle upon seeing her bowl of rice at season 1 summer camp U's members have at Maki's vacation house. That scene just screams 'KAWAII!' 
  • And then, Rin- Cat is the first thing I think and so I drew a cat post plus added cat ears for her; I find her cute yet other ppl think otherwise(why????T.T)
  • After Rin was Nico- Her Nico Nico Ni post is the thing to think of so ta da(though after I edit a little, I still find her hand weird doing the Nico Nico Ni post...I wonder why...)
  • Maki...Crossing her arm is the only thing I think at that time but realised(now) that I should draw her twirling her hair instead...
  • Kotori...This was the hardest;not cos it was hard to draw her but rather I've no inspiration... She just don't have any strong image I can think of that I could her into and so... I just drew her smiling with her hands behind...Random one like Umi and Honoka(realised the second yrs are all in random posts...)
  • Nozomi's next- Her flipping her tarot card is the image to go but I think I drew her... Too young and not mature which is not in her character(?)  And I find her neck drawn weird(-.-'')
  • Lastly, Eli- tbh, I feel like drawing her crossing her arms but Maki took that post so no-no... In the end, I chose that post you see there from her bokura wa ima no naka de post:


      Today, I did some shopping for this new project:


While colouring is impt, the making of the keychains is just as impt... I'm going to try make one(kotori's as per request from my friend) as sample to try out before 'advertising' online to see if this will sell well(hopefully it does>8<) 

That's about it then. This is Yaiji signing out, ja ne~

Yaiji~

No comments:

Post a Comment