Monday, May 18, 2015

200th post~ LL Project & [Just A Dream] Re-Edit Progess~

LOVE LIVE PROJECT; ANIME KEYCHAIN MAKING~


Yesterday, I did my first attempt at making an anime keychain; doing a Kotori Keychain as per my friend requested. It was bad; mostly cos of my bad planning(-.-) But thanks to the help and support from my family, I (somehow) managed to finish the keychain. It's not well done but it's decent(to me that is) and I thought my friends would think so but I suppose I was expecting too much...

I asked the friend who suggested if I want to set up an anime booth like those in anime conventions, first to get opinions and... I was met with a (rather hurting) disappointment... My friend said she doubt it can be sold and that itself hurts b'cos it means all my effort put in is of a waste(since it can't met the purpose) I felt hollow when I saw her comments... 
Next friend I asked was the only one who felt it was alright.-And that gives a little encouragement that this project isn't hopeless! 

After that, the other two friends I asked gave similar responses as the first friend(the last friend just said the picture resolution should be better...) 

In the end, I almost lost my motivation to continue this project but failure and disappointment are normal; since I only just started not long, maybe I should try longer or rather test the market before quitting. Like the 2nd yrs in Love Live, they met with disappointment that not many ppl turn up for their first live yet they didn't give up!-And I should see through this project to the end! 
Currently, I've 100 keychains in stock(from a pack) so these 100 keychains that I will be making will be the pioneer batch that will either crave a path forth or stop the whole thing. I am betting my all on these 100! 

For now, it is on hold since I lack of some materials plus the fact that I still couldn't come up with the back designs of Eli and Rin.


Part of my poor planning, I didn't think that the back requires some designs(Kotori's keychain back design was done on the spot...) and so for each char, there will be a different back designs! 
From the current back designs you see, if you've realised, Honoka has two designs so maybe thinking of making another Honoka Ver. for it. With 10 different designs, maybe it will easier to sell them?

And also, realised that the initial front designs did not have any background designs...

It was too plain and once again b'cos of my bad planning... And yes, again, Kotori's was background design was done on the spot and I was surprised that it turns out alright.-I was wracking my head out of ideas, to do the background design since designing is not my forte... 
So, deciding on that background design, I edited the front designs:


I'm thinking of colouring them before scanning but fear that the printed colours will be bad...Hmm... 
Regardless, for now, I am putting it on hold till I gt the materials I have and doing some planning & preparation. I'm hoping this project will run well!

[JUST A DREAM] RE-EDIT

  • Started colouring the characters today; haven't decide the colours for the skirt and bag...
  • Current progress: Pages 1-4 drafts & cover page done(quite a slow progress; mostly cos I was procrastinating too much-.-)
  • All updates on this project will be posted on my Twitter; won't be putting the drafts here...  
[Just A Dream] Re-edit is moving slow(b'cos of me, sorry T.T). I kept putting it away and went to do other stuff... Will be picking up pace in this week. As for next week... It will depend much on the Love Live Keychain making project; if LL Proj don't prove too much trouble then I should be able to continue working on [Just A Dream] Re-edit daily!

That's about it; was thinking of making this post special since it is the 200th post but oh well... It's been quite some time since I started this blog and to think I managed until now; blogging 200 posts- quite an accomplishment I must say! Next milestone: 300 posts!(^8^)

This is Yaiji signing off, ja ne~

Yaiji~

No comments:

Post a Comment