Tuesday, December 23, 2014

DA Anime-And-Manga Secret Santa 2014 Drawing

This morning I finally finished my drawing for the DA Secret Santa event! The folder for upload will only be opened today on the 24th at 12/1 pm EST which is about 12/1 am GMT+8(for me and it is considered 25th to me...) With that done, I can finally work on my Just A Dream manga! Not sure how long I will take but I will try my best to finish ASAP!

I was considering whether I should post my drawing for my Secret Santa receiver here since the folder is yet to be out. In the end, I think what are the odds that I've gotten my receiver and my receiver gotten me?-I doubt it will be such a match up so I will post now which is about 5 hours earlier almost a day earlier...(Let the receiver has a early gift if he/she does come and see!)


This was just the draft before I added in the colours!-Can u guess what anime this is? And then after adding colours...


Ta da! The characters in the drawing are from an anime called Sket Dance!-Accordingly to my receiver's wishlist! While I did not watch this anime, I do know a little of the characters in which they do have interesting pasts. Pelolipop is my receiver's DA name so hope he/she will like this drawing of mine!  

A little comment on the drawing:
As mentioned I've never watched this anime before hence, it was hard for me to gasp the characters and draw them well... I had to do a lot of references(and still gt their attire wrong...) Also while I am drawing, I felt...Hmm how should I say this...Awkward? Not having fun?-Since I really dislike force drawing where I don't have inspiration to draw for that particular anime yet I've to, as requested or wished by my receiver... I think it sounds kinda bad when I am being this straight forward(but that's how I am...) I guess that's why if someone requested a drawing from an anime I've never watched or doesn't appeal to me...I don't think I will do a good job... Sigh~ I think I need to stop doing too much of my own work and go back to fanart or I shouldn't change myself; this is how I am and there's no point doing u dislike...Sigh~
Despite all negative ramblings I've fun, it was nice to be exposed to drawing Sket Dance characters since their hairstyles seem easy to draw which can be a great reference for my future OCs!

I supposed despite what I said, I will try participate in this event(provided I've the time) to expose myself more!

That's about it then! I will try finish Just A Dream fast and maybe think of another short one-shot manga before I consolidate all my current one-shots into one single book before school starts! This is Will signing off, ja ne~

Dark~  

No comments:

Post a Comment