Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Update special part 6: Anime Merchandises

Hi all. As promised, here's update special part 6. This part will talks about the anime merchandises I bought in my Japan Trip. Before that, I came to realise how the anime merchandises market work. To people who have been to Animate, an anime store in Japan, you would realise that the merchandises would change quite rapidly; from seasons to seasons. If one want merchandises from their favourite animes, you would have to see, first, whether the anime is famous or not and second, is it a recent finished anime. The first criteria applies to those popular animes like kuroko no basket. When I went to Animate, that anime has a big section of merchandises to themselves... And then, the second criteria can be said to be applicable since anime merchandises as in random boxes or gachapon from To Aru Kagaku No Railgun are rarely seen. However, in the last trip, I actually came across quite many different types of merchandises from that series! Then again, this isn't totally true since there are animes that are long over but still have quite a number of merchandises on them but not as many as To Aru Kagaku No Railgun in this season...
 
All in all, I learned that if you want merchandises from your favourite series(especially those new series) that are currently airing or something, wait for them to end before going to buy. An example would be Nisekoi. This anime has became popular and can be said to be one of the great Winter Animes! I'm sure there'll be a lot of merchandises on them after the series done...

Enough about my ramblings and get the show on!

I guess I'll start with To Aru Kagaku No Railgun Merchandises first!

Back Cover, featuring all 10 designs except for the mysterious character that I think is Misaka Sister...

The keychain can also be used as dust plug

In the end, I got Frenda Seivelun... Not exactly what I wanted but oh well...

Front cover

Side cover 1, featuring half of the designs

Back cover

Side cover 2. featuring the other half designs...

And in the end, -Sigh- I got Harumi Kiyama of all characters... She's an interesting character but... Sigh...

To Aru Kagaku No Railgun Coin Badge- Got Misaka Sister; quite cute.
Showing all designs from a gachapon

I got Kuroko which is not that bad but still not what I want...
 I think my luck in To Aru Kaguka No Railgun's merchandises isn't that good... Sigh... I thought I could at least get Misaka Mikoto in any one of the merchandises but ended up with none... Sigh...

Moving on, next will be Tales of Symphonia. This series has been popular, considering that a game that has Knight of Ratatosk as well was launched last year. I'm not surprised to see some merchandises from this series.

Front cover

Side cover 1 with 4 designs from the main game...

Side cover 2, featuring the other 4 designs from Knight of Ratatosk

I got Colette.- It's not that bad at all though I would have prefer Lloyd or Emil...

 Next up will be Devil Survivor 2 The Animation. This anime ended last year and I guess it's kinda alright though I still wished that it was Devil Survivor 1 that got animated...

Front cover. The bottom indicates that it will be a keychain and that there're a total of 10 designs

Back Cover, showing all 10 designs except the last one which I think is Ronaldo

Ended up with Makoto. At the start, I didn't like how she follows the orders by Yamato fully without much questioning but as the show continues, I can see that she's a woman with strong personality; not at all bad, especially with the sacrifice she actually willing to do to save Yamato. To add on, if you did not notice, this keychain can also act as a dust plug!
With Devil Survivor 2 the animation, I think it is fitting to introduce merchandises from a series made by the same creator, Atlus. DRUMROLL please! It's............ Persona 4! I know that Persona 5 is coming out soon but Persona 4 is a favourite game for all! Also, there was a crossover of Persona 3 and 4 in a game! I think fans' dreams just come true!

Front cover- The box printed the original price at 472 Yen but the price is set as 420 Yen, I guess it's a bit of a discount price?

Side cover 1, showing 6 designs

Side Cover 2, showing the other 4 designs

And I got the hero without his glasses!-Not that bad!

Showing the 5 designs from a persona 4 gachapon

And I got NAOTO! My favorite character! I was damm happy when I got her or rather when I saw a blue capsule ball out and the inside character has a blue cap!

Side View

Front view

Another side view

Spotlight on! Oh yeah, before I forget, this gachapon comes with a stand so you can either use it as a keychain or a display set!
I must say my luck in Persona 4 is the greatest in the trip with the characters I like gotten!
 
Following that, I also tried my luck on Happiness Charge Precure gachapon. I got the character I want but not in the right form...

Happiness Charge Precure Gachapon Designs

I got cure lovely in her Cherry Flamenco form...
Before I watched the series, I liked cure lovely's design. And, at the first few episodes, I liked her more than Cure Princess since Cure Princess was acting like a Princess, whining like a child... However, as the series progressed to episode 4, I came to realise where Cure Princess or Hime's insecurity comes from. Also, her attitude towards people in general is somewhat like me; I sucks at interaction with people because I always worried or rather sensitive to how people see me and ended up fearing how people see me... And, Cure Lovely or Megumi also kinda reminded of me of pushing others to do something that may seem easy to me but not to others. Megumi too reminded me of people pushing me to do something I hate or dislike doing... I think I'll continue watching this series! I love to see how it'll go!

Talking about precure, I'll also buy merchandises from Doki Doki Precure that ended not long ago. I'm still sad that the Tv rating for this series was the lowest... It was my favourite so far... Sigh... The merchandises were bought at Daiso or the 100 Yen shop!

Precure Sweets, come along precure cards!


The 2 precure cards I gotten! I think the left card is the promotional poster of DDPC movie and the right one is when Cure sword got her precure items(?) from the princess (It's sad that the princess can no longer be back to her original form...)


Front cover of another precure sweets though this comes along with a poster instead

Side cover 1

Back cover. A total of 10 designs with 2 mysterious ones! Can't help but feel that having Makoto's poster is like having a singer's poster! If the poster has her signature then it'll complete the feel!

Side cover

I got Cure Diamond. Not too bad though I prefer Cure Sword or Kenzaki Makoto... This poster is 150 X 450mm  so it isn't that long but it's amazing what 100 yen or rather 105 yen can buy!
The sweets are actually chewing gums... I was thinking that such kiddies sweets should be aimed towards children... Having the sweets as chewing gums... Can children even eat chewing gums? In the end, I tried swallowing one of the sweets and turned out fine so no idea if they are really chewing gums or not... Sigh...

And so, coming up is the all time favourite Sword Art Online! Apparently a new season, Gun Gale Online or GGO for short will be showing in April! I look forward to it airing!

Front cover. A total of 20 designs that cost 315 yen per pack. I thought it would be a coin badge but in the end...

It is a metal key chain and I got Kirito!

No idea how to read...-_-lll

Back of the keychain
With SAO, you can't miss the other all time fave, SNK or Attack on Titan!

SNK gachapon

And I got Mikasa! My fave in the series!

I think I have some affainty with Mikasa in SNK since the merchandises I bought from SNK were all Mikasa! Don't know if I had shown before or not, I did play a SNK gachapon in the December Trip and gotten Mikasa!

For the last second, I got a merchanise from Vividred Operation. I hope my support will encourage the producers or directors to make a sequel!

I got Wakaba coin badge and a card of Vividgreen. She's not my favourite; she's a neutral like character for me since I liked characters using sword as their weapons! Again, I was hoping for Rei or maybe Akane...
Last but not least, the main star of this trip; HATSUNE MIKU!

With Snow Miku Festival and The Miku Wing shop, Miku's popularity is soaring high! Even if Vocaloid series 3 come out, I'll still support Miku and the Kagamine Twins! They're the ones who got me into the world of Vocaloid!

Vocaloid gachapon by project miral!

One Rin and 2 different Luka designs

Also vocaloid gachapon but exclusive for snow miku event

I played 4 times, just thinking of getting snow miku for my sibling and ended up forgetting to get the one I like (Len) for myself... Sigh... The end result was that I got 1 Rin, 2 Luka and 1 Miku(not the mysterious char design...). Feeling a little bad that I could not get the snow miku nendoroid and figma for my sibling, I ended up forgetting myself... Sigh... I regretted a bit for not playing a little more...

Hatsune Miku Nendoroid~Front Cover 

Hatsune Miku Nendoroid~Back Cover; a total of 3 face change!

Hatsune Miku Nendoroid~Spotlight on

Hatsune Miku Nendoroid~Spotlight off

Hatsune Miku Plushie! Bought at Miku Wing Shop!


 And that's pretty much most of the anime stuff I bought. And man, no matter how much one buy, as an anime fan, one would not get tired yet the money is the limit... Oh well, there's always next time!

With that, I'll end off now and update special part 7 of the snow miku festival will take some time to organise; it will be up within this week!

This is Will signing off, ja ne~

Dark~

No comments:

Post a Comment