Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Special Post: Happy 5th Anniversary, Love Live!

Today, June 30 2015, marks the 5th Anniversary of love live! In celebration of it, I made an artwork on it:


Can you match the song to each char's outfit?- True lovelivers will know!(Answer will be at the end~)

Getting into the fandom~

While it's been 5 years since love live started, it's only been about a year since I came to like this project. If you've asked the me 2 years back, I would deny wanting to go into this project.- At that time, I see idol animes as something without serious plot and that's not what I look out for when I'm watching anime. However, as I see more ppl talking about it, I grew curious(I can be quite a curious person) and went to do some 'research', aka reading & watching small slips of info of this series. I also did hear the songs and they were great! As such, that's when I went to watch the anime and man, I wished I watched it earlier!

In the fandom; starting SIF~

When I'm interested in a particular thing(in this case, this anime), I tend to gather more info on it. I began to join some LL social community like FB grp. Somewhere in the midst, I found out about the phone game, love live school idol festival. 

At first, I didn't want to play since I was bad at rhythm game(judging from my play in Cytus- a great rhythm but I gave up). Even so, I like rhythm games cos of how you can tap the notes accordingly to the music; it's like you're playing a music instrument. So, I tried the game and at the start, I almost wanted to quit from my pathetic playing; I couldn't fc snow halation normal... Still rmb that time, there was a event with listen to my heart as the event song and think Hanayo was the event SR- I didn't know about this event thingy; I was just busy trying to practise my playing. 

That period of time, I devoted most of my time on this game(that period was after my A's so I gt quite a huge break) that I actually lvl up to rank 40 in about a week or so. My playing has improved quite a lot and I was able to finally fc snow halation hard but couldn't get rank S score. That introduces me to the rarity of the cards in the game; N, R, SR and UR. 

And I learned about the use of 50 love gems to scout 11 times. At that time, I looked at the amt of love gems I've and asked myself, how in the world do ppl even get 50???- Buy them but I'm gng be a free player! Like most beginners, I couldn't resist much temptation to scout; just to get one SR(I haven't seen one that time) Knowing the use of 50 love gems, I decided to steel myself and save till I gt 50 love gems.  

My First UR~

When I finally saved up to 50 love gems, I scout my first 11 draws. At that time, I had no idea how does UR and SR look like when been scouted. So when two different envelopes(aside from R) appeared, I was just dumbfounded, processing the info till the results were shown... It was my first draw and I actually gotten an UR and a SR at the same time! I was elated and even more when it was my fave char's UR!-Umi! 

About my fave char... TBH, before I watched the anime, Honoka was my fave as she's intrigued me. But after watching the anime, I liked Umi much more than Honoka due to the fact Honoka's like... How do I put it nicely... A rather lazy leader?- I don't really like lazy char and Umi's the opposite definition of Honoka. Also, I admire her(Umi) for her capability! 

 My First Event SR~

My first event SR would be the ghost Nozomi.- I almost couldn't make it; only gotten her a few hours before the event ends and I was very happy that I managed to get her. TBH, when I first see how much pts I need to get her, I almost faint- 12000 pts were quite an amt to get, I thought, at that time(but now, it's not a problem, obviously>8<) 

Also, full combo on event song hard was a problem and frustration for me(but not now~)

 Obsession with SIF~

Considering my playing ability at that time, being able to fc a hard song was a huge feat for me. When I started Instagram not long, I began to upload pic of my fc when I did it. And that ended up with my friends and family being annoyed by it but I still did until recently, I stopped and posted to twitter instead(>8<)

VA of U's

Just learning the char is not enough(in my opinion), I came to know of the VA behind these char- they pretty much are the singers of those awesome songs. Over time, from ppl sharing different info in the FB grp, I came to know the VA much and tend to look out for them when watching other animes~ 

Regrets~

Part of my regret is that I should have come to this fandom earlier.- Missed quite a lot of stuff, esp the g magazine and comics mini figurine release; missed Kotori, Maki and Nico...(gng try find them in jap...)

While another part is that... While this series is great(I'm really glad I came to like it!), it kinda made me spend more than usual. I mean I understand that it's normal to spend much on anime but lately... Most of my anime loots consist of this series... It's like I gt too obsessed with it... I feel kinda... Bad cos it's unhealthy. So during my last trip in japan, after spending whole day at Akihabara and buying much of LL goods, I had to steel myself when I went to Akihabara again on the last day(it was free and easy day) so as to not buy anymore; there were just simply too many LL goods that I don't even need to go hunt for them.

So this time! I'll try buy their goods moderately instead! There r other things I need to consider!

Afterword

And that concludes my life story of love live. I'm sure there are more to come and while there's the obsession there, I think it's not too bad since for once... Love Live brightened my life a bit with their music and events happening in the year! That's why I look forward to the movie screening in my country and also the new single of the new love live sunshine or should I say Aqours! Plus the many more future projects, work and events!

Answers~

Did you match them right? Here are the sources I used:
Nozomi- Snow Halation

Eli- Bokura No Live Kimi To No Live

Hanayo- Bokura Wa Ima No Naka De

Kotori- Wonderful Rush

Honoka- Kira Kira Sensation

Maki- Music Start

Nico- Natsuiro Egao 1,2 Jump!

Rin- Sora Wa Bokutachi No Kiseki 
Umi- Mogyutto "Love" De Sekkinchu
I gt inspired by this idea of drawing the U's in different outfits of different songs from this video:


Fun Fact: I had no idea which song to choose for the 9th song and decided on Kira Kira Sensation- the song they performed to win lovelive!- What's better to put the leader, Honoka, as the one presenting this song. The other char choice on each song: 
  • Eli in Bokura No Live Kimi To No Live is cos that's when Eli joined
  • Nozomi in Snow Halation- watch season 2 ep 8
  • Nico, Kotori and Maki should be understandable; they are the centers of the respective songs...
  • Umi in Mogyutto "Love" De Sekkinchu!- tempting to put Honoka(since she's the center...) Guess it's a little random thing but more b'cos the other 2 songs are taken~
  • PanaRin in the opening song outfit(cos I ship them, thank you) and Hanayo in first opening cos that's the season when her personal story is told(in season 1 ep 4) while Rin's personal story is told in season 2 ep 5 so second opening song for her.

This is Yaiji signing off, ja ne~

Yaiji 

No comments:

Post a Comment