Tuesday, June 9, 2015

誕生日おめでとう, 東條希!(EDITED)

Made a fan-manga for the birthday girl. Here's the teaser video(try to guess the background song~):


I did the video cos it's hard to upload the manga in images onto insta. Plus the fact that I'm going to scan the pages for better reading quality. And here's the pages:(I've already uploaded to Deviantart & Pixiv)
EDIT: I've edited the pages with some shading and corrected some mistakes made. All edits in blue(like this one)












I tried to put all what I wanted to say into the last page's artist/author's notes but apparently, I kept missing out stuff I want to say and also make some mistakes here and there(-.-)
EDIT: edited the notes area as well yet still miss out stuff to add on(-.-)

First of all, I'm terrible sorry if the art sucks; this is partly cos I rushed through this (since I started just on Sunday...). As such, I didn't do the shading as well; my hands were screaming for 'break' after I finally finish drawing the drafts, then outline with mechanical pencil before the final outline with marker.
EDIT: did the shading, seeing how plain it is(-.-)

All the time(while working on this manga) I kept asking me what made me want to make a manga and not a art piece for her birthday(no offense but she's not my fave) so why go to this extent? I explain a little in the notes on last page but will go into the details.- Like I said, Nozomi's loneliness is something I can comprehend and it more or less becomes the connection I felt between her and me. In a way, I am empathetic with her situation(but not her 'washi washi punishment'- again no offense...) 

And at the start, added a little NozoEli moment (so fans of this ship, rejoice!) Now that I think about I could exclude this part to make things easy but oh well~ 
Some confusing parts like Eli's not stopping from Nozomi going for her shrine duty. Like in the notes, I feel that Eli has similar mindset as Umi where just b'cos it is Nozomi's bday, doesn't mean she(Nozomi) should be excused from her duty... In a way, I feel Eli would not think it is a good excuse but feel that Nozomi shouldn't do her duty on her birthday- a rather conflicted situation so Eli chooses to 'close' it with a 'it's nothing' excuse. 

And then, the birthday surprise... Like I said, maybe it's cos Nozomi trusts Eli to give her a spare key or that Eli knows where Nozomi normally put her key(like in the anime; under a flower pot). I know it's a bad reasoning but... Deal with it(><)    

At page 5, my OC Haru(from Just A Dream Re-edit) made a cameo appearance in her younger age(just a heads up). For this manga, I thought of putting both English and Japanese languages inside but there are some that I still couldn't translate into jap so abandoned the idea... Lastly, the different ink colours are pretty much obvious for which char talking~    

EDIT: To further add on, this fan-manga allows me to draw different Nozomi- School Uniform ver, Shrine Maiden ver and lastly, her younger self. Not just that, I also drew the other members in their casual winter outfits(from SIF if u notice>8<) 
Will be updating this version with the one uploaded on Deviantart and Pixiv(going have to delete Pixiv's since I can't change the files, being a free member...)




Once again, happy birthday Nozomi!(Thanks for the 5 love gems>8<)

This Yaiji signing off, ja ne~

Yaiji 

No comments:

Post a Comment