Sunday, June 21, 2015

CharaExpo 2015 Day 1

Since the announcement about a month ago, finally the event's here! Presenting CharaExpo2015! (FYI: the event's at Singapore)

The events starts at 1000 but... Knowing Singaporeans and I was not wrong when I gt there like 0900. There was already a long queue outside... As there was an announcement that the first 15000 can get a goodie bag, I was afraid I wouldn't be one of the few(from seeing the queue) but guess not when I could finally go in the hall(away from the damm heat) 

My tore-out ticket upon entering
Once gotten the goodie bag, straight head to Xarts section. Before I go into details, here's the map of the event:

Xarts is where the Love Live x Kanda Matsuri collaboration items are sold at. Fearing that the shirt will be sold out, I(and my sibling) head over there first even though most ppl head to the Bushiroad booth first. 
Here's the shirt:
Front

Back

Close-up~
(The above is what my sibling bought; I bought a S size. And reason why I use my sibling's: I'm wearing mine while taking the pic...)
Me wearing the shirt(sorry, I'm camera-shy & it's hard to take pic alone)
Sadly Xarts didn't bring in the charms but I learned something new!- How to go to Kanda Shrine! And interestingly, you can get there from Akihabara Station; from the Electronics Quarter exit if I did not rmb wrongly.- A 7 min walk so it isn't that bad. This time going there at least go once(considering it is where U's members train plus Nozomi's shrine maiden work at.

Moving on... After Xarts, my sibling and I went to the Bushiroad Booth. Gt to queue for a while. Once entered, I looked around the goods till my sibling pointed out that ex Love Live Jersery was selling fast; contrary from my belief that it was too ex so it shouldn't be THAT fast. How fast u wonder?- Fast to the pt when my sibling and I went into the booth, only like Nico, Eli, Umi(thank god but did not buy) and... Hmm... Hanayo/Rin are left? I think Maki still gt a few... Don't rmb seeing Honoka/Kotori(I may mix out Kotori with Hanayo...) I know Nozomi's was gone(That distinct purple was gone...) I guess I was looking out for my fave so I can say for sure, there was like 1-2 of Umi's left but did not buy(cos it's not practical in s'pore; the weather's practically telling u to be naked in the afternoon-.-) 
Both my sibling and I kept walking around the booth of what to buy. I was tempted to buy the first live shirt of Milky Holmes but realise I was gng buy another shirt again... And then, at the love live session, the same temptation to buy SIF Matsuri T-shirt again. Both shirts are sold at $40 and FYI: there's a lucky draw for spending $40 and above(look below for info)


What I'm aiming is the signature of either of the milky holmes voice actress(but the best would be the third person; Umi's voice actress XD) But such thing really is based on luck. So, I was finding something that cost $40 and above. Not buying any shirt(though I did ltr), my sibling and I found this Love Live letter set that wrote there as $20 per set. Deciding to buy one each(to add up to $40), the both of us gt that. 
However, when I was at the payment, I was shocked... Shocked at the cost, saying $24(doing your maths, the set was $12 each...) And there goes my chance to do a lucky draw and I kinda regret not acting like the guy at the counter beside me and get more stuff to add up to $40 and above... 

The Love Live Letter Set:
Front
Back
Inside
Overview
Stickers for each R, SR and UR envelopes

R, SR and UR envelopes(BACK)- 2 each
R, SR and UR envelopes(FRONT)- 2 each

The letter paper- featuring 1st yr(BLUE), 2nd yr(RED), 3rd yr(GREEN)
Each design has 4 each 
Away from the intense money-spending booth, my sibling and I walked around(taking flyers and freebie like paper bag) until we reached Ichiban Kuji booth. That booth is also another temptation and nightmare.- cos that Love Live Kuji's here to haunt me again. Not wanting to experience another disappointment, I steel myself to move away and ended up playing another... Idolm@ster Cinderella Kuji- cost $9/play. Decided to try something new; I played once and... Gt a H prize...

FRONT
BACK

Gt Ranko- not my fave but she's an interesting char and her voice actor is one of my fave:) Not complaining much~
Sadly, I was never lucky in Kuji since my first play where I gt A prize in jap(beginner luck)- was hoping to get one of the figurines(Uzuki, Rin or Mio). 

As for my sibling, he played Sword Art Online Stage 2(I think) Kuji that cost $12- more ex but the prize difference is huge. He also gt H prize but gt a figurine instead...

FRONT
BACK

 Kirito!(his trap GGO form)
(FYI: if my sibling doesn't want to show, I'll have to take down...) The funny story about this is that, my sibling thought that since Asuna's at the front cover, he gt her but apparently he gt the tra- I mean GGO Kirito(><)  The light saber's swing is quite nice!

Following that, we walked around for more freebies and I took some pic of the stuff on display~(Will show ltr) 
About early afternoon, my sibling left(me alone in that crowded convention hall...) I stick around till about 1245 when there was a event called the Otaku Wars. Again, before I go into details, the activities outline for today:
Missed the vanguard stage where Izumi san came(-.-) See Day 2 at the end of my post/ CharaExpo Website~
The otaku war is like a quiz with a prize of a signed CD of someone popular... Well, apparently, I'm not that good of a Otaku; I could only answer most of the easy questions then some intermediate before the hard's really hard. There's a total of 30; 10 each of each level of difficulties. I just joined for fun and another is that you can take a rest(sitting while doing the quiz) even if it is like 15 min long thing.

I went to go look at the kuji and saw the Love Live's having like a few figurines left(left one Umi- very tempting to play yet I steel myself again and walked off)
And then, I watched Naruto The Last Movie(again- cos that last time, I missed the front part due to being late-.-) I regretted watching cos I missed Mashiro Ayano special live(-.-) She sang the opening song for Gunslinger The Animation, Vanilla Sky
Here's the song: 

(I think the song's not the original cos it isn't that slow? But copyright issue in youtube so if you loves the song, find some ways to get the original...) 

After the movie, it was about 1600++. I went to Bushiroad booth once more- first to check the autographs that were redeemed(lesson learned from last AFA)  Apparently, the one I'm aiming for is yet to be taken- mean I still gt chance. I fell into temptation and went inside the booth again. Saw quite a few stuff gone- the Jerseys were surprisingly sold out; very different from my expectations... Kinda made me regret? not buying- nah, I think I'm fine as it is without that 'jacket'. 
Beside that 'jacket', the love live letter set was sold out too, I think. And love live kuji postcards left only a few- I decide to try my luck on it. In addition(I did come to try the lucky draw), after much thinking... I decided to get the SIF Matsuri T-shirt as well.- Seems like there were only M, L size; unlike the Kanda Matsuri's that has from S to XL. Obviously I chose M size. 
TBH, I was also tempted to buy the Milky Holmes First(Second?) Live T-shirt but realise I'm spending too much plus it's not worth to buy till $80 when $100 gives 4 chances while $60 gives 2 chances(the difference's a bit...-.-) 
In the end, gt the LL SIF Matsuri T-shirt and Kuji Postcard. This time at the payment, another weird thing: the cost that was supposed to be $44(T-shirt: $40, Postcard set: $4) becomes $40...(-.-) Nonetheless, I can now play the lucky draw! 

And well... As expected... Didn't gt what I want(as though it will be that easy-.-) Got these instead:(5th prize)
FRONT
BACK
At least it's better than PR cards...

And my Love Live stuff: 

1) Love Live SIF Matsuri T-shirt

FRONT
BACK
CLOSE-UP 1
CLOSE-UP 2
CLOSE-UP 3 (Can u figure out who is who?)
2) Love Live Kuji Postcard set


The two scouting options- Regular/ Honor Scout?(well I just did 2~) 
O.o gt a SR from Honor Scout
Gt SR Nico from Honor Scout(not bad I suppose- not my fave but I came to like her after reading her SID plus her voice actor's funny~)

Next up, regular scout- gt a N...

...(Who r u?- just joking>< Gt her before in SIF~)
That's about all my account of first day. I left in the evening- think about 1630? Nothing to make me stay till 1800

The following will be some showcase and some heads up for those going tmr- more for first timers but those that attended today, you may miss out some stuff...

Photos taken of the displays:(sry if some pics have bad quality...)

Yukata Madoka 
Honda Mio and the other- no idea who she is...

Godoka
Witch Homura
Akuma Homura

Asuna- side
Asuna- Front
Love Live- Happy Maker ver.(Seems like 3rd yrs are not out yet...)
Fate Stay Night UBW- Saber, Sakura and Rin~
CardCaptor Sakura 1
CardCaptor Sakura 2
Madoka Magica Rebellion~
Miku~
Sry for the bad quality- apparently, the cinema has been confirmed to be Golden Village!(Another info out~)
Figurines of Magical Suite Prism Nana(look's interesting; gng go a little details ltr...) 







Attack On Titan/Shingeki No Kyojin


Snow Miku

Huge Miku(Attack on Miku?>8<)
Love Live Figurines~ Sad that Nozomi & Maki are just standees...

Levi- top view

Levi- Front view
And now the freebies:

1) Folders

FRONT (This need to sign up as Daisuki member- more info ltr)

BACK


FRONT
BACK
2) Fans
Front
Back
3) Stickers & Deck Holder





Lastly, the plastic bags~




And now, the heads-up session. There are many freebies you can get and I am not saying those like flyers; you r able to get figurines if u have the luck. 

I will start off from the one nearest to the entrance or should I say the exit. 

If you like Love Live, try playing the hit phone game, Love Live School Idol Festival! (At the playing booth- directly in front of the exit)

Upon playing and succeeded in any one play of rhythm; any difficulty, you can get these love live stickers: 


It's the same as AFASG14 but for those who don't have or want more, this is your chance. 
My account of this booth: once again it is the time for me to see whether I've improved from last time. Well, I did(it's obvious from my progress since last year) but was disappointed b'cos my nerves still got the better of me... I couldn't calm my racing heart and the loud sound system from the movie and wrestling area were not helping. To add on, the play system set the pop-ups on... Think that I'm not used to the phone at the booth ; too small for my liking. 
I chose Unbalanced Love Hard to play with. It was great at the start until my heart rate slowly got faster, palm get sweater... Hanayo's sweet voice singing the song did help calm me a little. In the end, I think I gt 2 goods and 1 bad- upon combo break, I break even more(cos my spirit's already broken upon the 'ping'-.-) 
This was even more intense than me playing expert to get full combo... I shall challenge it again till I can finally walk away with a smile at the full combo, displayed on the screen with all the ppl watching.

Moving on, Daisuki Membership Sign-up 

Daisuki.net is an anime website that stream certain animes. Upon signing up this membership, you get to do a lucky draw. There r three types of prizes; Prize A, B and C. Prize A is either a Madoka/ Homura figurine(which I want...) Prize B is Fate Zero Figurines and lastly, Prize C(which I gt) is a Gunslinger Stratos The Animation Folder. Not complaining much since I do watch Gunslinger Stratos The Animation; the concept is great but animation wise...

Next up is Book Walker Membership Sign-up

From the name, you can roughly guess what is it. It is an application that sells Ebook or should I say Emanga. Don't worry, the membership is free. Better still, they r giving out 1,000 worth of yen which is about $11 in s'pore. You can roughly buy one or two manga volume(s). 




The code paper(expire tmr 2359)- haven't put in the code
Like the Daisuki Membership Sign-up, you get a chance to do a lucky draw to get a SwordArt Online figurine! 
My account of this booth: I think it is the only thing I am lucky of. I gt the figurine!






Got Asuna if you couldn't see.(decided to give my sibling who likes her) And also, bought this same random box and got Kritio- now a pairing together(>8<) 

One last thing: given it is summer(in jap and all year round in s'pore), why not try immerse in the season? There's a booth that allows one to play Water Balloon Yo-yo fishing. Sometimes in anime/ summer matsuri in jap, you can see ppl playing this game. 
First, you get a hook. The hook has a string attached where u r to hold the string and not the hook. The tricky part is that the string's made of paper and with the water balloons all in water, you get where's the hard part?
You gt to get a balloon before your string broke!- As you put your hook into the water, you've no choice but to put in part of the paper string into the water. The longer you take, the more water the paper absorb and in the end... The paper gave in and broke before u gt a balloon. There's also the part where your paper string is almost breaking and you who finally hook a balloon, the wet paper string gave in as well from the weight added. It's a matter of precision and accuracy plus speed. 
I gt a slight hard time cos it's hard with all balloons inside and I could see no opportunity for me to hook the balloon up plus you cannot touch the balloon in the water; only use your paper string to move and hook a balloon up. In the end, frustrated, I just dive my hook in and managed to get one green balloon!

Cute isn't it?
There is a total of 3 colours; pink, green and white. However, sometimes circumstances do not allow you to choose the colour of the balloon you want; though I did see a cosplayer who managed to hook up one white and green- she chose white. I had fun playing it while walking around; it was my companion after my sibling left(yeah, it was lonely to go convention alone...)

All in all, for paying $6(for early bird)/$8(on-site), all these freebies alone are definitely worth your money; better yet, free movie screenings and plus for Trading Card Game players, they gt a big playing card area for you- and if you want to learn, there r teaching areas as well!(I sound like doing some advertisement-.-)

About Magical Suite Prisma Nana: it's a new anime I think(haven't researched) and the convention is promoting. I'm planning to watch cos two of my fave voice actresses are inside! Here's the flyer:

Too yellow- but love the design of the uniform~




>8<

>8<
You can check it up if this anime interests you or go for tmr and ask ppl there for more info!

For Egolist fans:

My reflections: 
Pretty much worn out after I reached home(had been walking with about 2 hour rest for almost the whole day) but... I must say I am much happy than I was in last yr's AFASG14 cos I gt to get the stuff I want before sold out! 

Although my luck isn't very good(well, a person doesn't have too much luck when u gt to use them for so many things like capsules machine, random figurine boxes, SIF scouting, etc.) I can only say the BookWalker sign-up was the best out of all lucky draws! 

Even so, I had fun, especially getting that water balloon yo-yo!- Had always wanted to try get one myself; the experience itself is rewarding! And, I gt to buy the shirt I was eyeing for since Love Live X Kanda Matsuri collaboration merchandises are coming to this event!- tbh, since jap released what they are selling at this collaboration event, I had wanted the shirt but upon knowing it is a jap event and during my schooling time... There was no way- and now, this event just made my wish comes true! 

It's sad that I still couldn't get my fave voice actress' autograph... Oh yeah, 'fun' fact, it's bad timing that today's jap SIF event plus with en's going on as well and just so happen, I want get 2 SR for both events... It's overwhelming for me- Lucky it's the holidays for me~

And that ends my report for today's CharaExpo2015~(I'm sorry about any spelling/grammar mistakes made) 
Hope all who went, had fun like me and to those going tmr or coming back again for Day 2, have fun! (Doubt I'm going tmr- spent too much today...)

Here's the activity lined up for Day 2(if you're debating whether to go~)
Tempting to go from the activities of day 2 but I shall steel my heart once more!

My Loots~(try calculating my expenditure~>8<)
Look's like today's morning queue gt an impact~

Source: CharaExpo FB page

This is Yaiji signing off, ja ne~

Yaiji~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment