Tuesday, August 19, 2014

B-PC part 1

Had been busy lately; trying to adjust myself to my Uni's life. My current project, Just A Dream, will have to be on hold until I get the hang of this new life.

As it is, I'm not struggling much with my homework but rather the sudden vast amount of work to be done.- It is something I find hard to cope; making me stress over that matter. However, the situation is improving as I'm slowly working off my current work, allowing new work to be assigned. Will see how things go for this month before I can make a weekly timetable for this semester. 

Moving on, I started a new project called B-PC. (I know you'll be thinking why the heck am I starting a new project when my current one not done plus the fact that I'm busy with my uni life?) Well, this project is supposed to be a gift for my friend's birthday that is coming soon. 

Initially, I wanted to try make a snow globe but do not have the materials(as the shop I went to has closed down for renovation...) plus the fact that it is time-consuming. (Also, I don't have a solid plan yet of how it can be done>.<) 

Instead, I'm doing a postcard for her.(Hence, the name!) Considering that she likes Free! the anime, I drew a postcard on that anime. And... I realised my skills in doing fanart is lacking or rather I'm refraining myself from 'copying' characters that aren't mine. In other words, I've the tendency to draw my own style than try following how the characters are drawn... In a way, it is a great step to being an artist of myself than a sketch artist but it sometimes mean that the fanart I did does not look like the characters at all. You can see from this example: 

The base of the postcard- Will be colouring it digitally.   

I can say that Rin, Makoto and Rei look alike though Rei looks a little younger... As for Haru and Nagisa(which are the 2 chars that my friend like), they just don't look alike...-_-'' I don't know why; their hairs seem fine; maybe the body structure?-No idea seriously... 

In addition, I didn't watch this anime so it was hard to decide a post for each character so I got my inspiration from this image:


From Auguest issue of Newtype- Didn't include the new guy since I had no idea who he is...
But it was fun drawing these characters, especially the hairs. It allows me to learn new ways to draw male characters' hairs which seem more realistic than the one I drew that are spiky... 

Will upload this after scanning it to have a clearer view(the above is just a photo of the drawing) with non-coloured and coloured. And of course, after the postcard is done, I'll post it too!

Oh yeah, images used(mainly for the sports wear; didn't want to draw them with their abs plus my friend dislikes it...):



That's about it then. Going to go watch love live season 2 (just started not long and man, wished that I had started earlier watching this great anime! Love the songs and comedy!) before going back to work! This is Will signing off, ja ne~

Dark~

No comments:

Post a Comment