Saturday, January 4, 2014

Jap Stuff part 2: Gundam

This will be part 2 and it will be about the gundam models I bought. In the course of one week, I finished all three of them! All of them are HD version. Over a year ago, I realised that HD models are great! Not too tall or big that the balance of the gundam is off and also the gundam is not over sized to the point it looks unnatural! Imagine a small image and making it big which result in an unnatural look...

For Gundam Fans, I'm sure they know that there is a new series called Gundam Build Fighters. It the Gundam Series after Gundam Age. It is much different since this time there is no war to fight and everything is not so serious with all the remorse for the fallen or anything! Instead, the settling is such that there is a technology that allow people to experience real life fighting as Gundam pilot with their built Gundam! The sad thing is the fact that any damage done to the Gundam will stay unless being repaired. If in a fight that the Gundam is being cut into half, then the Gundam model is really being cut into half. If that's the case then repairing will require a lot of work...

Enough of the rambling of this series. If you want to find out more, you can easily watch the episodes in the Youtube Channel of GundamInfo. I introduced this series as out of the three gundam I bought, 2 of them are from that series!

So first, introducing Bear San!    
Front Cover

Side Cover

Side Cover

Instruction Manual

Inside of the Instruction Manual

Contents in the box

Parts necessary to build the gundam 

Head, Shoulder Pads, Hands, Body and the Legs all build!- All that is needed is to fix them all together and you get...

The completed Bear San!
I think the gundam company really know how to upgrade Bearguy! When I first saw Bearguy, I thought it was kinda ugly and that if sent to battle, I doubt it will survive long... In my mind of that Gundam was that it is ugly and weak... Not one that I like... Later, in Gundam Build Fighters, when i saw this Gundam, I was shocked that it is the same Gundam as Bearguy but much improved! After looking closely, if the first version of Bearguy had changed his face, maybe it will look great and cute like this Bear San! In addition, I think many wouldn't think it is a Gundam but looks can be deceiving!

Moving on, the next in line is Build Strike.

Front Cover

Side Cover

Side Cover

Instruction Manual

Inside of the Instruction Manual



Parts used to build the Gundam

Card given 

Build Strike without booster

Build Strike with booster

Ta Da, Build Strike completed!
I must say the improvement done to the original Strike to get this version is great and the booster designed actually made Strike looks a lot Freedom. Then again, Freedom is Strike upgraded... Also, out of the Gundam Series, I love Gundam Seed's Gundam Design the best!

And, lastly Gundam Age 2 Normal! I finished it just yesterday in the night and nothing beats building a Gundam to spend time though I had a late night sleep due to it...

Front Cover

Side Cover

Contents inside the box

Instruction Manual

Inside of the Instruction Manual

Parts needed to build the Gundam

COMPLETED! Gundam Age 2 Normal!
Unlike the 2 other Gundams, this one has a stand provided! Also, if one has watched Gundam Age, Gundam Age 2 can change to 'plane' mode; something like how Core Splendor forming into Impulse while Gundam Age 2 is the reverse of it. Moreover, out of all the Gundam in Gundam Age series, I like Gundam Age 2 design the best! It is like a mixture of Impulse's Core Splendor and Gundam 00.

I think it is sheer luck that I bought the Gundams in Japan! At that time, there was a HD campaign.(I dn't know about now...) This campaign makes it such a way that (if I'm not wrong) for every HD gundam bought, a free Gundam weapon is given! In a total of 3 HD gundams bought, I got 3 weapons that I can let my Gundams carry. There are a total of 6; A to F. I chose C, D and F.

From Left to Right: F, D and C

From Left to Right: C's weapon; a sniper, D's weapon; some charging(?) gun and F's weapon; a machine gun. The other weapons after F are from Build Strike Box
And, here's the 3 Gundams that I had spend a week to finish all!
From Left to Right: Gundam Age 2 Normal, Build Strike and Bear San
With that, I'll end here and conclude everything in the next post about the books or rather manga I bought from Japan!

This is Will signing off!

Dark~

No comments:

Post a Comment