Monday, January 5, 2015

Jap trip special post 1:Summary of trip

After thinking much, I'm just going to post my whole jap trip write-up into one post instead of splitting into multiple ones... 

Decide to do two posts special- one of a summary and another on the anime stuff I bought. I know it is quite late so bear with me?
SUMMARY OF MY TRIP:

This trip, I went to Tokyo and Osaka.-Similar to my other trips but more time is spent in Osaka than Tokyo. In other words, I was able to explore more of Osaka like going to Kyoto and Hiroshima. For the Tokyo part of the trip, it is just simply going for sightseeing like the Asakusa Temple, 



  
Also went to Odaiba and finally saw that real scale gundam!(Missed it when I went there for the first time-.-) Saw the rainbow bridge as well!


Of course, beside sightseeing, shopping is something cannot be missed in Tokyo. As an anime fan, I went to Ikebukuro and Akihabara for anime stuff. And wow, love live surely live up to its name; its merchandises everywhere to the point, I started to get a little 'tired' of it- not in a bad way but rather it keep making my urge to buy strong when I know I shouldn't buy so much plus the fact I've other stuff I wanted to buy... But in the end, most of my anime stuff are love live related(which will showcase in the next two parts). Sigh~ 

After the three days in Tokyo, it was time to say goodbye(to Tokyo) and took a bullet train ride to Osaka. 

    
Initially, when reached Osaka, planned to go to Den Den town but it was quite late, thus didn't but rather went to Shinsaibashi instead and took the famous photo of the one who made pocky:


It was freezing cold when I took this; the temperature difference between Tokyo and Osaka was quite much as I was still alright walking at night in Tokyo even with just my winter coat plus one layer of clothing but for Osaka, it was a whole new story and I had to wear about three layers plus for winter coat before I was at a comfortable warmth. Regardless, it was still much better than enduring against my own country's hot temperature. 

Following that, as my sister is an animal fan, went to Nara to see wild deer.

At there, you can touch the deers and even feed them but! Be warn! These deer are always near shops that sold deer biscuits as such whenever someone bought one pack @150 yen, the deer would chase after the person until all the biscuits are eaten... I've seen deer headbutting ppl and fighting between themselves as well in order to get their food...I almost got bitten(but did get head-butted) for not giving them anymore biscuits...-.- Gave a bigger view that deer despite being vegetarian animals, can be aggressive... 

Next up was going to Universal Studio Japan. 


I will focus on the new portion of USJ and that is the Harry Potter section!

The flying car Roy and Harry used to go to Hogwarts after Harry missed his Hogwarts express ride 

Entrance
Hogwarts Express




Hogwarts castle and the reflection was very clear that it is like the castle exist both on land and in the water! And then, inside the castle:


Considering that I've already came here(paying the ticket and waiting in line to get in), you can't miss this drink!-The Butterbeer that Harry, Hermione and Roy drank in the three Broomsticks. I wanted to try drinking it and have the 'mustache' due to the foam.-But was too shy to try and ended up drinking slowly. It was great plus it is non-alcoholic despite being a beer. The one I bought below is the souvenir package where I can bring home this mug of mine(after watching of course!) but it costs higher(1100/1200 yen) while the normal costs 600 yen per cup. It is ex(in my opinion) but just take it like any Starbucks drink which cost as ex as this.   

Beside this, I also bought this:




This was the chocolate frog Harry bought during his first ride on Hogwarts Express and it ran away before he could eat it. And like him, I gotten Albus Dumbledore card(it is a 3D card!)



In addition, I also gotten myself a souvenir. 


Plus a cookies box(my aunt bought for me and I love the box a lot!)





Sadly, the Ravenclaw cookies had all been eaten(which I had no choice who ate them all>_<) 
Like I mentioned before, I went to Kyoto(my first time going prior to this trip). More specifically, Fushimi Inari and gotten to the stage 4/5 before stopped, partly to the fact it was raining that day, making the walk up hard and slippery...



The walk up and down this shrine was a good exercise but the after feel sure wasn't pleasant. And lastly, went to Hiroshima and man, never would I thought in this trip I can actually see...


SNOW! Since the last trip to Hokkaido, I thought I would never able to see unless I went there again during Winter or Spring. And now, to think I can actually once again see it, it is like a miracle! Luckly, I wore my water resistant shoes out for this trip so you can say I was suited for walking this heavy snow! The temperature was so much colder as well(but can never compare with Hokkaido's temperature!) 

At there, went to Hiroshima Dome and see the place where the nuclear bomb was dropped.


The dome-In the midst of re-construction
That's about it all and on the last day, it was free and easy, thus went to Den Den town which was similar to Akihabara but smaller in size. At there, there's a shop that sold gunpla at a much cheaper prices, hence my brother and I tend to head there to buy gunpla than other shops(if we do go there during any trip)

It was a fun trip altogether but because this is like my 5th trip to Tokyo, I'm finding less places to go to though there was one I really regretted not going after going for so many times until I found its existence and that is the Kanda Shrine!-It is like the Shrine that Tojou Nozomi from Love Live work at as a shrine maiden(shrine even sold Nozomi merchandises during my trip there yet I didn't go...T^T) but more than anything, it is at Akihabara where anime fans should go at least once and yet... I didn't go any of my trip.T^T Sigh~ Next time(if there is) I will surely put this as one of the places I must go!

Before I forget, this time round I managed to have a taste of this:

In Osaka! Okonomiyaki and Takoyaki are known well in Osaka and since I didn't manage try on my last trip, I was super happy to finally be able to eat it. And yes, it was delicious and I wouldn't mind eating throughout my trip but it was quite ex so...Nah...

Before I forget, the tickets I used:






After writing so much, I suppose it is too much to put my anime merchandises and magazines into one post so I will just do another instead!-Please look forward to it!

This is Will signing off, ja ne~

No comments:

Post a Comment