Saturday, July 12, 2014

Brave Frontier T-shirt Design Contest Entry

Had tried to scan and print a few copies of the non-colour piece of the design but turned out to be disaster... And then I was thinking, ' screw this!' and colour the design with the copic markers I've on hand. 

The logo is a cut out; did not draw the logo at all 
Apparently, it turned out fine to me. With the additional of Brave Frontier on the middle, the design is perfect(to me that is)! 

After scanning the art, I spent about 1 to 2 hours trying to edit and paste the design on a T-shirt template(using Paint...) before reaching a satisfaction point.

And so, here is it:

In my opinion, I don't mind having such a shirt!(I may even consider making it a reality, together with a MA design shirt I'm thinking of making!)  

The design has already uploaded on both DA and Pixiv! Oh yeah, please vote here: LINK if you like it! All votes are greatly appreciated! 

And now, some ramblings... Not to offend anyone but I find that it is both rude and disrespect to artists when ppl use their art to enter a contest or a competition. I mean I am not saying that one cannot get(like download) art done by artists but using it and submit as a contest entry... Aren't you stepping over the boundaries? In the first place, artists should be informed of their art been used unless it is the artists themselves who gave the consent.

All in all, I find that contests should be something done by the contestants themselves no matter how desperate or eager they are to winning the contests. Also, (to me) the satisfaction won't be there if one wins a contest by an entry that he/she did nothing on but simply stealing from others... It is like it is not your work that won in the first place...

Ok, I'll stop here.-It is not my intention to ramble but when I saw the amount of stolen art in BF T-shirt Design Contest galley, I can't help to vent pen down both my anger and disappointment. I only hope Gumi does some justice to artists who put in REAL effort in their entries 

And, that's all then. This is Will signing off, ja ne~ 

Dark~   

No comments:

Post a Comment