Tuesday, May 20, 2014

A second rejection received like a stab in my heart...

It all happened after my previous post. I was just trying my luck and who would have thought it is out. BUT! It was not what I expected...

If you're wondering what sort of rejection (it is definitely not about love), it is simply an rejection from one of the Universities I applied... It felt like a stab in my heart when I saw the status menu. I could have stay ignorant if I didn't check but that's not going to solve it; I have to face it one way or another. At least now, I know that there's nothing much to expect from that Uni and I do not have to choose but go for the degree offered by the other Uni. It is not exactly bad and that for a person who is fickle-minded, I guess this is fate's way choosing for me.

I know my results aren't all that good thus to be able to enter a local Uni than a private one, I've no complaints about it; rather I should feel honored! (I know this is just me trying to cheer myself up...) To say the truth, I was really upset and feel that I must be really lousy to not be accepted while my friends do... However, just as what my friends once said to me, I shouldn't compare with others. And, my mother comforted me in saying that the Uni that rejected me is a popular one(since it is the top Uni in my country) so it is sensible that it will be harder to get in with more people applying.-In a way, it can be seen as I am not lousy but rather the Uni is full with its intakes like a train full of people that it can't be squeezed in anymore. No matter at least I got an offer so I should feel fortunate as compared to those who either fail or don't even get accepted by any of the local Uni!

I always said to myself or rather it was my teacher who inspired me, 'as long as the outcome isn't the end of the world, you can always pick yourself up and continue living! It is only when you reach the point where your life is ending, then it is really game over or else you can always stand up again and move on till the end of your life!'-If it was me in the past, I doubt I will think this way but now with boarder perspective in life, there're much more important things to set as priority.

To add on, I thought the ruin in my mood(due to the rejection) will worsen my next day but apparently not, given I was immersed in work and plus some riddles given by my supervisor. You can say I simply bounced back from this rejection and look forward in moving on with my life!

I guess that's enough ramblings for a day. Sorry if this post is a little depressing and an one-sided cheering-up for the rejected soul... That is all then, this is Will signing off, ja ne~

Dark~

No comments:

Post a Comment