Monday, June 13, 2016

[Updates]: Ohara Mari bday16, FAM16, PokemoncafeSG

2nd wk into June & slowing working on the pending works.

Updates as usual but less than before cos was busy, working on Nozomi bday & RWBY works + that 1 request thingy that was taking far long from edits & stuff(will ramble at the end)

Updates

Ohara Mari- 13/6/16

The day(13/6) haven't ended so here's the work did for her:

 
The idea stems from how Mari does horse-riding; did a small bonding scene of her with her horse(tho based on the description given of her horse before in the Q&A section of dengeki G's magazine, it's nt accurate-.-)
This is my 2nd time drawing a horse and it proves to be difficult for me as animal drawing isn't my style but I had fun working on it despite the numerous ref needed to do(^^;) The colouring nid more work...

^That's nt all; a mini shrine for her:


Gt a certain luck of getting her despite buying not many Aqours stuff... She may be the 'Maki-luck'(Refer to this post under Maki bday section) for me in Aqours stuff...?

*PS: this may nt be the final artwork; thinking of adding a sky backgrd onto the white area~ As such, nt uploading the work onto pixiv yet; already uploaded onto insta | twitter | deviantart

Nozomi bday work

*Had dedicated a post for her; see HERE

Scanned the fanart(much clearer?)



RWBY

Happy to say, it's finally done!!!(finished a while ago:)





Will be scanning soon~ Thinking if should make into a shirt...?

LL random doodles

Still in the midst of working NozoEli manga(^^;) Thought out some ideas of expanding the work to link Tsubasa Vs Umi part with NozoEli part:) So far, 3 short manga r planned out; 2 sides of NozoEli + the return of...(Will reveal more when the time comes~)

There should be progress on this in the next update post- pls look forward to it^^

FAM 16

Short for Funan Anime Matsuri 2016- it's gng be the last one as Funan's going into renovation at end June(gng miss it & the event itself...It's 1 less anime event next yr...)

This event started on June 6 till June 12(just yesterday) I would say the event is more catered to cosplayers & cosplay fans as there r many guest cosplayers invited for meet-and-greet session. 

I'm nt a fan of cosplay so only went for the anime fair that only starts in the last 2 days of the events- much like the doujin mkt last mth in suntec &... Really short on $$$ but there was a great deal &...U know the story;


Ta da~ Gt influenced much & actually bought YohaRiko instead of my usual ChikaRiko(just sank the ship...) And the Umi was the last one so~

Oh and nt to forget, the horror house[6 exits] & the escape room based on assassination classroom





Pokemon cafe SG

Went last weekend with my family~ And I think I will summarise my trip with 2 collages:

Food ordered; mostly drinks~

Loots gotten~
The wait wasn't as horrible as the hello kitty; abt 1.5h?-But that's partly cos the hype kinda dies out after ard 2 weeks.

The food was decent; didn't order the main course cos the free mug wasn't available for taking & since it's from EWF, the truffle fries r nice:) 
And the parfait- the cotton candy was a bit tricky to eat; require 2 utensils to pull it out, haha^^; The pikachu cookie/cake inside was nice but the mango part at the end could be too sour to ppl's liking(to me, it's alright:) 

As for the drinks, Volt tackle drink(the one with a pikachu ice floating) is great for ppl with a sweet tooth~ Plus it comes with popping candies:) 
The one I drank was the Pikachu iced latte- heard from review, it's nt bad but if u r one who can't take bitterness, u wouldn't like it. I'm nt sure if there's sugar syrup there(u can try asking) but I was fine with the drink as it is. And the top pikachu part is actually whipped cream which actually if it was mixed with the latte, it wouldn't be too bitter but...No idea what kind of whipped cream is it, it was quite sticky and thick that the straw can't suck it up-.-(I gave up mixing it with the latte...) The ears of the pikachu can be taken... I think?- I mean I did eat, feel like biscuit but the taste wise...
Lastly, the blue drink was just normal soda pop with blueberry flavour(much like the blue mountain dew drink) but the catch is that u can bring back the bottle! Again, heard from review that it was originally $3 less in which u can't bring back the bottle but now, u can- it's a great souvenir from the cafe while the free mug's unavailable.

Overall, just like any char cafes in SG(lately there r many...) the prices r ex; just 1 visit is enough- maybe in the case of the Pokemon cafe which is only available until end July, ppl would wan to go while it's still here...?

A little small showcase of the Pokemon loots & merchandises collected by my family:


Full set of coasters & keychains!!! Banzai desu!!!
^It's a grp effort:) Pretty much nt gonna spend anymore(maybe for the T-shirt if it does restock...)

Afterword

Pretty much my eventful week- kept spending $$$ when I'm short of it-.- And then, there's the July event... This holiday is gonna be a bomb...

Moving from the gloom; Aqours anime 1st trailer!!!


So hype for it!!! Another 3 more weeks to go!!!XDDDDD Hoping the nico nama won't be too full like GK live last Sat...

Rambling(ignore if dislike)

So the request thing... It's the same particular one I mentioned a few posts ago. I suppose I gt kinda flared-out by how much edits the person wanted and just asked the person to choose; the changes he asked r gonna be the last or I quit- it's take it or leave it. I know the cost of being this... Bad but if I don't, I'm gonna be the one suffering...
Initially, the requests r supposed to finish by May so that I hav more time for myself and I admit I couldn't finish them all by May, I was hoping to get it over with at the start of June but now, cutting into mid June, I'm still nt done with this single request... And still gt 1 more to do...
The whole 1st wk of June was like a dance, a never-ending one where I edit the draft according to the person's request and then ltr the person will pt out more stuff to edit...
Tbh, I was very tempted to just say I quit and nt do anymore but I did promise and even made the person waited. And so, I gave him 2 options of whether to continue or nt.
Requests r really nt my style unless it's something I don't mind doing- there was 1 time someone requested LL fanart; any fanart as long as it is LL! No fixed stuff or theme to do & that pretty much is what I am looking for!
But instead I gt OCs draw that while I don't dislike, I don't like either... But like I mentioned b4(I think in twitter), if I can do it, I will and not doing cos I dislike is a bad excuse...
And so, this is my last time opening a request box. Maybe consider doing if ppl request and I felt like it...I nid to learn to say "no"... 
...Rambles over...
  
That is all then, this is Yaiji signing off. Until next time, ja ne~

Yaiji~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment