Monday, August 10, 2015

[Weekly update]: SG50 week~

Summer Sketchbook 2015

Finally, compiled all works done in my sketchbook.- Uploaded onto Pixiv: LINK

Beside that, I also uploaded a video of it: 

FYI: Pixiv version has both the scanned and photo form of the works done but(due to limit of space) one of the work was not uploaded but the video version has it- it's the last work in the video if you want to see. The video ver. has only the scanned versions... 
In other words: There're a total of 33 works but Pixiv ver. has only 32 works while Video ver. has 33 works. Either way, it is recommended to see the Pixiv ver. since I kinda made the video a little too short so the slideshow may be a little too fast... 

Afterword
Initially, this sketchbook was supposing to be for me to work on more yuyuyu fanart(so that I can compile into a book...)- I did draw a few yuyuyu works; the first 5 till I run out of ideas and ended up working on more Love Live fanart instead...
Guess it first started from seeing Honoka in the idolised form of her momotaro outfit and finds her a nice pairing with another Umi idolised form from her first scorematch(I think).- That's when I started drawing other LL fanart from school idol festival SR card designs... Once in a while, I draw some other summer anime fanart like Chaos Dragon and Himouto! Umaru Chan.
It was all in all a good experience and a good hobby to pass my time during my break. Maybe I could work on another sketchbook during my next break(?) and titled as 'Winter Sketchbook 2015'?(Maybe not since I still gt JAD reddit to work on...)

JAD Reedit

Talking about this... I'm so sry to say, I haven't work on the cover of chapter 1... Was busy with other things; packing stuff, cleaning stuff, preparation for Uni , etc. I may try working during this week; make a small exception for this yet... I still gt another thing to settle(gng talk about it next). 
Will see how is it- So, this post will be the officially one to mark the HOLD on this project until my next break. 

First Art Request

I gt my very first art request!- I was overjoyed since having a request means there's someone who recognizes your talent; in other words, acknowledgment! However, it was no easy request when the person requested for a specific one where U's members are running on a rainbow walkway with the blue skies behind.
There r 2 problems- I'm not good with drawing characters running and backgrounds... Yet, I decided to try it out and it turned out... It wasn't that bad but I can say it's not the best either:


The person didn't say what outfit the members must wear so I chose Sunny Day song outfit.-Partly cos this is not just an art request but also a tribute request; to 'get into the mood', I thought sunny day song was a pretty much a happy yet departing song(though the ending song of the movie will be a better one...).

After colouring each member:

 
Ta da~ In the end, it isn't well done and I... Can't draw the legs and shoes well, thus leaving them off(hope the person don't mind). All that left is colouring the background but I decided to use my com to do that job; it'll be a waste of ink to colour the background with copic...

Hope (after colouring the background) the person will like it...

SG50 shopping splee

Yesterday, 9/8, was my nation's birthday. On that day, both bus and MRT transport is free of charge so I went for some shopping:



Though not much, they cost me a lot...(RIP $$$ T.T) I'll just showcase the bears and LL wafers~

Gunpla Petit Guy(all 4 designs)


Too excited to do a 'Live' building and forget to take pic of the box art... This gunpla isn't very hard to build(I can build without seeing the manual once I did it once) and I recommend this for all beginners; there're not many parts to work on so it's easy and fun to build! 

Oh here's a overall:

In celebration of SG50, took with the flag and SG50 RX-782 gundam
And, if you're observant, you would see this sticker on the box, 'Mid-Year Campaign 2015'. Yes, that campaign is something like a lucky draw where there'll be a card with code inside the box and you enter the code into the provided website in which you'll have a chance to stand to win the prizes available. Once entered, there'll a questionnaire to ans before seeing whether you r a winner; it's a instant draw by the computer. Using all 4 yet couldn't be a winner in the end...Sigh... If it was that easy, the prizes wouldn't be attractive like PG, MG, HG and RG gunpla.

LL Wafer

This wafer comes with a collectable LL card in each pack. I gt the 2 designs even though both r from the same batch; it's much like the Madoka Magica Wafer I bought in jap(shown in the special post 2: anime food






Gt Maki character card and ep 13 of season 2 card- love the scene of all of them lying onto the grass. I think either Maki really loves me since in the Kanda Matsuri X LL chocolate food(shown in special post 2: anime food), I gt the Maki sticker... And in one of the anime convention, bought a random LL good and gt her keychain... Well, she's not my fave but I don't dislike her(there's no way I dislike any of the U's members) plus she shares the same star sign as me~ 

Ramblings(Skip if you dislike~)

My break's ending in like... 2h time? Somehow, despite having 3 long months of break, I feel that I do not have enough when the break's ending soon yet feel it's too long during the mid of holidays... Sigh... 
It had been a great break of having fun and doing the stuff I want to do. As such I wonder... I've break b'cos my school has that. But when I go out and work, does that mean there's no more breaks for me? And just thinking I nid to start working in another 2 years, it made me want to go back being secondary school student instead.- The irony of wanting to grow up soon when I was young... While going out work means no school(no more studying), the fun of being a student participating student activities will be lost... Sigh... 
Oh well, that's the post-holiday me talking... Gt to get into my studying mode soon(within this week) before tutorials start... 
Aside from the school stuff, there's an anime convention this coming weekend- thinking of going but gt to see my workload first; nid to start doing tutorials... And then. the LL stuff coming in the month of September and October. Before I knew it, it's exams in the month of November when AFASG will be in~

Until my next break

All current art projects(like JAD Reedit) will be on hold- I may once in a while do some art to de-stress myself... 
And also, this weekly update will be off; updates will be random where I may come to blog to de-stress myself... I'll update more on twitter and insta~


That's about it then! This is the last official [weekly update] post~ This is Yaiji signing off, ja ne~   
 
Yaiji~

No comments:

Post a Comment