Saturday, May 28, 2016

[Update]Another 2 days...

Should hav updated last week but was busy working on the pending works- realised there is quite an amt after listing them out-.- Need to change this bad habit of mine of initiating new projects before finishing exciting projects...

Another 2 more days to that dreadful day-.- I understand that I've to face it soon but still... Sigh...

Oh and recently, faced a 'small' accident... Maybe nt paying attention or didn't hav enough sleep but I fell off my bike- drove into the side kerb and ya, u know the rest... While there wasn't any fractures or dislocation(nothing too serious) but suffered some nasty wounds; skin was badly scraped...

And no idea how but I managed to cycle back with those wounds- fell halfway on my way home... It was painful at first(obviously...) but slowly recovering:) It's lucky that I am on holidays right now^^;

That was some side stuff. Let's move onto updates!

Requests @ deviantart

Just finished 2 more; left another 2 more to work on- from the progress, think I will hav to extend to June plus with the recent accident, it's gng get slower...

Random LL doodles

Still working on the touch-ups for the Tsubasa Vs Umi part- just finished 1st part_Umi POV with the dialogue added plus scanned ver!



Had only uploaded onto twitter~ Added the dialogue digitally; the format isn't exactly nice but hope it's readable! 

And for 2nd part_Kotori POV, finished the shaded and coloured(wasn't planning to do but felt unfair...) versions~


Nt sure if I ever said but vamp Honoka was based on her event idolised SR. However, while the design is based on that, I didn't follow the colour configuration~ It took a while to decide the colour; used purple as main colour theme- just think the outfit gives off that feel~

Sent it for scanning- will work on the dialogue once I received the soft copies~ And then at the same time, work on the 3rd part_Honoka ver- since both 1st & 2nd parts hav coloured ver, 3rd part will also hav! 

However, as for the other short manga under this series, nt sure if doing coloured ver...
Coloured ver does give a sense how the outfits of each member will look like but take quite some time...
Moreover, when I started this series/project, it was supposingly to be just an outlet to practise drawing different postures and some action scenes in black and white(was leaving colouring for another work); never thought of doing any manga...
Inspiration hits and one thing leads to another~ And before I knew it, I started thinking of expanding the manga part of Tsubasa VS Umi!

I'm thinking of making this project into a fanbook- hoping I can finish before my holidays end!

LLSS doodles- possible new project?!!

Okay, this was started on a whim; when I didn't hav any inspiration but just wan to draw... So recently, the last subunit single cover was revealed- was fangirling when I saw it, esp to my fave!!!XDDD 
And of course, gt the urge to draw her and here it is:

LINK: Deviantart
Hav I ever said I've a thing for suits and vests?!! Even better that it is worn by my fave!!! Never would hav thought- Kept hoping for Umi in suits/vests but it was never official and Riko just gt it!!!(>8<)

And while drawing, I'm thinking of a mafia AU- drawing the other members(but maybe after done with my other works, haha...)

Grimgar doodles

Haruhiro doodles~
Recently, started watching or rather resume watching from where I stopped(ep 2) after sch started and finished it yesterday- it's an awesome anime that incorporates some real fighting elements like the fear, the pain and the loss... It's quite a slow paced anime at the start(so ppl may nt like it) but the action picks up at the mid and as the characters get better, so do the actions:)

Do recommend this if you're looking for some real rpg feel~(unlike SAO that focus more on the action)  

Misc.

Just abt a week ago, it was my friend's bday and while I chipped in on a present with a grp of ppl, felt bad nt to give something when I go to her party so did a card for her~ It was very rushed(haha...) but somehow managed^^ 

Nt gng show everything; just gonna show the artworks done:


(PS: my friend's a Naruto fan and ship NaruHina~)

I had fun drawing actually but realised I can't draw Naruto's mature(?) hairstyle- so drew the Hokage hat(realised it's wrongly drawn after adding the colours-.-) And my jap... Sigh...

RWBY fanart

Nt sure if ppl still rmb, you can see it here: LINK. I was thinking of working on the colours and making it into a shirt(?- nid see how the colour will look like...) And, nt sure whether is it coincidence or what, I've ppl asking me if I am colouring it!

Right here, I will say it: I am gonna colour it but nt sure when... However, I'm hoping to make into a shirt and wear it to one of the anime conventions coming these few months! Really sry to all who were waiting for the coloured ver?- left it for a few(?) months so shall work on it now^^; 

Afterwords

That's all for the updates; it's nt much with events here and there. Talking abt events, went for the japan super matsuri for 2 days; 1st & 2nd day and... It wasn't very bad? Maybe wasn't up to my expectations? 

Japan super matsuri

First, the heat- it was very bad for the past few weeks and with that many ppl there, it was pretty much like a sauna...
Second, the management- this is for 1st day when the queues were very bad, stalls weren't done preparing when the festival started and then prizes for games were easily finished within an hour or so into the festival... 2nd day was better but the queues were still bad...But at least for some, they gave the estimated waiting time. 
That brings me to the 3rd pt- the space wasn't very big- if nt for the open location, I think the festival will be squeezy and this is partly y the queues were bad on 1st day... 
Lastly, the prices... Maybe cos I haven't started working, the prices seem so ex; $10 for 1 bowl of ramen... Well, maybe that's alright for a restaurant but in a fair-.- And then, $6/7 for 1 box of Takoyaki(6 balls inside?)... Seems ex for me since I can find cheaper ones like $3++ for 3 to 4 takoyaki~

My loots of both days:

1st day: Gt the yellow while my friend gave me the pink one~

2nd day: with 7 hooks, only gt this...One burst before I can play with it-.-(gave it to my friend whom couldn't go~) Look a lot like a watermelon 

2nd day: gt this(it's a lunchbox) after completing 2/3 of the kanuki cards~(really test one's patience...) < Huge improvement; from 0/3 on 1st day to 2/3 on 2nd day!^^ 

Events to come~

As May's coming to an end(ugh, no...), June is starting! Mentioned in last post, there's gunpla expo and funan anime matsuri(the last one...)!- looking forward to the programs and activities~ 

But I am more hyped for July's! CHARAEXPO!!! Just recently, it was announced that Aqours is attending as well!!!(ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!) It's nt full 9 members; 2nd yrs r coming but that is enough!!!- My fave trio!!!XDDD 
Gt to prepare for "ohayosoro" and "kan kan mikan"! Maybe Riko will hav one when the time comes?(that will be awesome~)
3 U's members and 3 Aqours members~ This is a nice year to be living^^ And, there's a chance of milky holmes live!!!- can't miss that!!!

And aside from this, there's Aqours anime coming and it has already been confirmed on 2/7!!! And better yet, there's nico nama!!!- can watch the raws!!! Really can't wait for it!

   

Lastly, this:

Pile's coming to Singapore!!! Hoping for more LL members to come in the future!!!

RG OO Raiser

^This is part of the reasons y nt much work is done(another is cos of my injuries, haha...)


Took me 2 days to finish- 1 day for the build and another day on the decals- building speed greatly reduced due to the injuries. I was reminded again the love-hate relationship I had with RG; love the details but hate the build & the decals...

Still gt 1 more RG left in my backlog- nid a rest before working on it(I'm hoping there isn't any eye-catching limited kit in gunpla expo... Can't afford to work on another RG; it's gonna stay in the backlog till my next break...)

Slight sad news(for me- pls ignore; just gonna ramble which I had done on twitter)

Normally at the start of June, there is this job that I will do- the pay is nt bad and only nid to come for days that the 'company' asks for. It's like a small duration job that allows me to earn some money; some expenses for my holidays. However, after doing for like 2 years(?), for once I was not given the job or rather all available slots have been filled... It was like being rejected when I saw the mail... Was it because I was slow in replying???- I did reply a day before the deadline when the application was given out abt 2 weeks ago...Sigh... 
With that, I had no job this holiday... Thinking of finding a job yet there r events here and there that is hard to find a job when nowadays, long commitment like 1 mth or 3 mths is needed...As such, considering the number of pending works, guess shall rest in this holiday and maybe pick up some skills like sewing? and cooking?(quite pathetic, huh? Not able to do all those...)

That's pretty much all. Will try update more, haha.  Till then, this is Yaiji signing off, ja ne~

Yaiji~

No comments:

Post a Comment