Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Sonoda Umi-15/3/16


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, UMI!!! Shall share some backstories; how I came to like her as my fave!(I've shared in instagram on my first part special but will do the same here~)

Backstory: How Umi came to be my fave char~


Sonoda Umi... Wasn't my initial fave; my initial fave was part of the reason I started watching Love Live(I will talk more of her when her bday comes~) 

However, as a fan of blue, Umi did catch my attention~ It wasn't until I started watching the anime( and after a few episodes) that I started to like her or rather... I admired her! She's like the perfect model I ever like to be. 

The fact that she does Kyudo and even Kendo, made me love her even more!(I'm a sword fan and even more in sword fighting~) In addition, she brings in the light of the japan culture(I'm also a fan of that culture, haha) It's like everything that I love, found in one person.

For her personality, I can relate to her a lot; she's a hard worker- I'm not exactly that type but I certainly like this kind of ppl as opposed to smart but lazy ppl(esp those who don't do work but still get gd grades...where's the justice???) 

She's also quite dense which I definitely can relate to cos I am... Most of the times(haha~)

But the most prevalent one was how she's the 'reminder' or the voice of reason in the grp which I tend to be but only for ppl I am close and familiar with(don't exactly want to overstep my boundary...) 

And one more pt is the fact that she's shy!!!-That I can really relate to!

To add on, there's the fact she can be quite enthusiastic about physical activities like hiking which I think I too like to try such a challenge but of course if I can't, I know when to stop:)   

Over the short period of about a yr into Love Live fandom(wished I went in earlier...), she had and has always been my fave since now & I believe in the distinct future, that love for her will still not change(and maybe grow even stronger~)!!!^^

Shrine for the sea maiden

Here's my dedication for her~


I would say... Out of all the 9 members, I've the most merchandises of her~(But of course this is nothing compared to more dedicated Umi fans~)

Artwork 




LINKS: Twitter | Instagram(do look up #sonodaumibday2016 for the other 3 posts~) | Pixiv | Deviantart

I would say this work took me damm long to do and finish!- But was worth it to do it for her!!! Plus it was for a competition organised for an Umi giveaway, hoisted by Love Live Wikia; LINK

Sadly, I didn't win any...(You can see HERE for results~)  But was in the notable entry category so it wasn't that bad~


Out of the top 5 I've seen... I will be honest; 3rd entry is the best out of all IF it was just an artwork competition. However, it isn't. That's y even though I'm... Kinda fine with the 1st(I would give A for effort but that's all... Maybe I gt too high of an expectation, esp when it comes to figurines, haha cos I know of a twitter person who could do damm nice figurines~), I wouldn't put it as the top 1st entry; maybe still in the top 5 but not the 1st... 
And then, there's the essay part- didn't read it but I supposed they r great?- esp the top 2nd? 

Regardless, I had fun doing the artwork(though it took up too much time; rip my studies...) and that's what matters the most!:) 

Afterword:

I will be scanning the artwork soon. Meanwhile, pls made do with this: 


If you like to colour, do ask me before u do(it's only polite to do so~)

Once again, happy birthday, Umi!!! 

And so, until next time then~ This is Yaiji signing off, ja ne~

Yaiji~

No comments:

Post a Comment