Sunday, January 15, 2017

[Updates] First week of work...

This week is the start of my internship and I must say, it's more draining than going to school...(not just from waking up early but also from going home late...)
While there's no stress in exams and quiz, there's a little stress of the new things to try(tho a little excited too; thinking of the possibilities of applying these new things to fyp~)

However, that wasn't how it felt at the start; I was assigned reading tasks to get familiar with the technologies that will be used and of course it was interesting to read up!
But without able to try and apply what I read, it was hard to grasp... In a way, it was kinda boring in the first few days(that I ended up learning some python programming skills while waiting for my Supervisor to assign more works...)

^I understand that I should have approached my Supervisor for more hands-on work than wait but seeing as my Supervisor is busy, I didn't. Maybe it's luck that on the 3rd day, he actually gave me some tools to tinker with to try and apply what I had read!
And that's when the stress comes in yet at the same time, the excitment when able to apply the concepts read!:)

For now, still in the learning stage before helping out with the project to do~
(While I like diligence, my weekends are my breaks; I don't think about work during those periods- I prefer not to so as to give my body and mind a breather...)

Artwork updates...

HonoUmi fan-manga

Mentioned in previous post; there is a need to see if I can cope with the work load before deciding if I can continue working on the HonoUmi fan-manga...
Judging from 1st week, it should be fine but the progress will be very slow cos while there's no homework after work, my mind and body are quite exhausted after a day of work(maybe for now cos not used to yet...?)
I'm gonna try working on one page a week- there're about 10 pages left so hopefully, I can get it done, latest by the end of Feb^^;

Moving on, recently, had been working on present-future ver of Pokemon SM characters!
Think I briefly mentioned(in my last few posts) that I'm thinking of working of a short fan-manga of Lillie's return(after 5 yrs~) Even tho I'm not done with HonoUmi's><


Pokemon SM present-future proj


These are the few designs I've made so far:


Female MC/Moon(First one cos I choose her)

Gladion(His future self seems too mature for 5 yrs, haha;
then again puberty can hit hard~)

Hau- Quite like how his future self design comes about^^

Professor Kukui(no change cos I doubt he change much in 5 yrs~)

LILLIE!!!(Her designs are the least change;
only change could be how she's more fired-up and confident as a trainer!)

There's one char to go(the male MC...)- Tbh, I'm not sure to include him inside since the main lead is the female MC... But I've an interesting idea tho, with him and Moon as parallel beings with each other; an idea formed from 2 certain locations in the game...

Dk if anyone interested, here's an initial idea of Moon's present and future ver:


 ^doesn't diff much from the current one; I see the style of jacket-tied-to-waist as something Moon future self will be like, considering she's the Champion(Did you see how cold that freaking mountain is???! Yet the clothes available for purchase(for female) are either sleeveless or short sleeve!!! Bless the female MC, wearing a tank top with shorts, running to the Pokemon league entrance... And to defend her title on top of a mountain...-.-)

The goggles were a debate whether to add in- in the end I replaced with a scarf on her neck instead~
Maybe goggles designed for the male MC instead...?o.o

Sneak preview?- One more day to her bday...;)

Already drafted out her fanart; gng work on it tmr after work(that is if I'm not too tired...^^;)
You can see the sneak preview here:)

Afterword

Pretty much that's it and I'm likely to update less; workload could be temporarily small but regardless, it's really draining and I only have like 2 days from weekends to 'rest'(still nid to do an online mod that I registered-.-) 

Until next time, this is Yaiji signing off!

Yaiji~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment