Sunday, February 14, 2016

[Updates] Happy CNY & Valentine's Day!

Getting busier in school and only gt a little spare time to update. So first, let me wish everyone Happy Chinese New Year and as well as(for today) Happy Valentine Day!- Hope everyone have a nice day today with their loved ones!^^

Chinese New Year

Like any other year, 2 days off for this festive occasion. Well, though it's said 2 days off, I don't exactly do nothing on those 2 days...

First day was spent on visiting relatives' houses which is a tradition for this occasion(after all u don't always gt the time to when everyone is living at different places but it is during this time that there's time to spare to visit!)
A whole day is spent on visiting since like I had said, everyone's at different places... It's lucky that my father knows how to drive which made travelling easier and faster~
And by the time, reached home... I was dead tired so studying is hard...

On second day, decided to stop visiting cos had 2 tests the day after...But ended up sleeping in the morning-.- And only started studying in the afternoon- wasn't productive...(Luckily the tests weren't that bad...)

While holidays r great but the massive no. of make-ups to go & watch was a hassle that I really hate to go through... It's a love-hate relationship unless that is recess or semester break; else it sux, making my schedule go haywire...

And previous work of Matsuura Kanan in celebration of her birthday and as well as CNY; cleaner work:



Valentine's Day

First time I am doing something for this day(done on a whim tbh...)


It was a very rushed work; did a lot of editing before been satisfied with the draft... Had wanted to work on their official Valentine outfits but it's hard to draw(esp for Riko, given her pose...)
May hav gone overboard with the hearts(>8<) And not sure y... Can't help but feel I 'may' hav drawn them looking much like Umi & Honoka(respectively) instead...  

Uploaded to: Twitter | Instagram | Deviantart | Pixiv

Work Update(s)

Random LL Doodles

Part 2 of set 5:

Sry for Anju OOCness>< Looking cool there, Erena! And Tsubasa... May hav made her too...Child-like yet dangerous(wielding that weapon~haha)


Introducing Cowgirl & Soldier Anju~ 

As promised, added Yuuki Anju(Costume designer of A-Rise) into set 5/A-Rise set. In addition, added Archer Erena & Shinigami Tsubasa(from previous part; see here) without their coat and jacket.- very much to fill the space and also give a sense of their inner wears. 

*Fun Fact: Tsubasa is... Kinda like wearing a school uniform inside her jacket- She blends into the human society for ease of her job~ 

Link: Deviantart

Inspiration used: (mainly the guns~)




Notes for Cowgirl & Soldier Anju(long story ahead; this is a warning!)

Grew an interest in gun drawings, esp heavy type like sub-machine guns. Hence, initially(after Archer Erena was done) either Tsubasa or Anju will be chosen for the soldier theme... And then comes the Shinigami Theme(due to that scythe pose I wanted to try drawing...) and feel Tsubasa fit that role more so...><
Anju was given the Soldier theme but while drawing... Went off-track and drew a Cowgirl at first instead of a Soldier-.- However, managed to work out the Soldier part first. Feel it's a waste to scrap off(esp the holding gun part...) the cowgirl's idea was added as well- decided to take it as Soldier Anju's life after war~
The Gun drawing was hard without any pose to refer to; had to do from scratch... Was glad it worked out 'fine'~ Pardon if how the gun should be drawn or held is drawn wrongly...*let me know though; I had no knowledge or experience in holding such weapon but the one Detective Rin held(see here), I do hold and shoot before(in my sch's police CCA marksmanship test but it's quite a long ago and until now I'm surprised I passed~)

*End of notes*  

This is likely the last set of this series~ I will be doing short doodles based on these... 14 members~ Unless there r requests of doing... Like... Nico's siblings or that I still hav other poses I like to experiment on, no new characters; I will be working on those 14 members with their fixed roles given! 

Compilation of works since last yr's autumn...

I've decided to set this mth to be the latest I will compile.(maybe during my one-week break) Note: won't be adding random LL doodles inside- gng put this as a stand alone series with short works planned~ 

End msg:

That's pretty much all the updates so far. Drawing time is reducing more and more as the sch semester draws to the middle- mid terms r coming; having one this coming week and 2 more in the following after next week... So many before I can go for my 1 week break... And to add it up, one more after the break...-.- Tough weeks ahead~ 

Moreover, labs r starting next week or should I say tmr? No more early day for Monday... Sigh~ 

Even so, drawing is (don't know how many times I had said but still hav to say) part of me- it's my entertainment during my studies; I can go on without TV/Anime; so long I can draw or doodle~ It allows me to escape reality for a while~ 

Apart from that, went to open hse for a research company and debating whether to send my resume to try for an internship; it's quite a good company that I'm afraid my pathetic resume(with not much stuff) will not give me a place to intern there... But no harm trying, huh? The problem now is to write that resume to be sent; lacking of time and also how should I go about writing... Sigh... The headache... 

Feeling overwhelmed right now...

This is Yaiji signing off, ja ne~

Yaiji~

No comments:

Post a Comment