Sunday, June 10, 2018

[Updates] Aqours POV series~

Finally, finished this series last week and I've already uploaded the full work onto the various platforms; | PixivDeviantart | Twitter | Instagram |

And, I compiled the series into a book; here's a showcase of it:


Music used: Kiseki Hikaru by Aqours

^Lovely song; can't wait for the full ver!

Artist's notes:


This series first started off with Riko's POV as a work done for Inktober 2017 and was inspired by Athyra's Love Live Sunshine x Harry Potter Crossover.
After that, I went on to expand it by working on You's POV as another Inktober work, and then Chika's as well!

Intending to stop at 2nd yrs(my fave trio~), I felt it was a waste; plus I was having fun, thinking of the various ideas of each member's POV!

Yoshiko's POV was long thought of when I decided to expand even more. As for Hanamaru's POV, didn't have inspiration until I started from one panel and one led to another- I must say I love Hanamaru's the most due to how the panels flow!

Initially, Ruby's POV would link as a continum to Dia's POV... However, somehow... Even though I've the idea in my head, I couldn't draw them-.-
I made do with another way to illustrate the idea behind Ruby's POV~ Dia's POV would be confusing if not for the last POV I did in colour; showing the link that Dia can't see the hut but Riko can...

Next, the last two POV were somewhat hard cos I didn't have an idea of what type of roles to give them... For Kanan's POV, it was similar to Hanamaru's; ideas came while drawing:) I had Mari's POV to show the concept of flying by broom. As the 'last' POV, I tried to tie up the series by showing more of that fateful night/incident...

Lastly, the special POV; as mentioned, it was to show the relation of Dia's POV! It was also to introduce the mysterious character called 'Yocchan'(tbh, it isn't mysterious if you know this nickname given) whom Riko knew(and is afraid of...)

Background:


Here's a bit of the background(since it's likely I won't be expanding any further than these...)

Sakurauchi Riko is just any average teenager until she was introduced to the world of magic(by Yocchan) and attended the school of magic. 
At there, she met Aqours members and became friends with them and maybe closer to some...?(as seen from the POVs;)
This new life seemed great to Riko that she wouldn't want to return(to her old life) until that incident...
The incident where she trusted the wrong person and in the process, her two important friends, Chika and You, were mentally cripped by one of the unforgiven curses, crucio...
To save whatever was left of their sanities, Riko had to erase their memories and that also meant Chika and You losing their memories of her...

This series of POV was the aftermath of that incident and showed how each character was coping with it; whether they were involved and if they were, directly or indirectly...

In this series/AU, each work was done with the idea that Riko is the main character or the focus and showing her interactions and relations with the other Aqours members!

Some thoughts; possible ending...


I was thinking along the line that Riko tried to do what she can to amend her mistakes; like fighting against Yocchan... And in order to beat Yocchan, she had to use up all her magic... She would mean she would no longer be a mage/wizard after that... 

And she would say, "maybe this is how it should; I, who was just a normal, average teenager, should have just stay normal than trying to be special... Maybe this is my punishment for wanting more..." with a smile before using up her magic(which was granted by Yocchan) to defeat Yocchan; like as if Riko's returning everything back to Yocchan and going back to her old life...

At least, that's how I thought it would end- Something like Bleach(which Bleach should have ended there than expanding further...) But, it's really up to readers' interpretation and imagination~ 

Afterwords


As much as I love to work on this series more, I'm afraid of my tendency to go hiatus halfway and lost my inspiration later(which happened to some work series I have...currently...)
Plus I will be working soon so this means less time to draw...(and I should try settle Random Doodles X Love Live before then...)

Oh and before I forget, it's not much(but it is to me, lol); this work got into pixiv ranking!!!


Refer to this LINK for the ranking page!

I was quite surprised and like to thank everyone for the support!!!XDDDD

That is all. Currently, working part-time while (kinda of) studying for JLPT N3 before my trip in July!- Can't wait(>^<)

This is Yaiji, signing off!

Yaiji~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment