Saturday, July 1, 2017

[Update Special] Jap trip part 1: SIF Thankgiving & Stamp Rally

This event was held in Japan, Ikebukuro; Sunshine City for 2 days, 10/6-11/6 and I attended both days(cos one day is not enough~)



The event started off at 10am(GMT+9) with the Aqours members giving a talk show as the opening:


^No photos or recording is allowed so this is the best I can take; before the talk show started.

Should have come early to get places to stand- the front standing areas of each level were pretty much filled up(but luckily I am small, I was able to kinda squeeze in~)

Note: this was also the place where ppl can play SIF on the big screen and pressing the beats using their legs- you can get a I>3SIF sticker from trying out
In addition, this is also the SIF free background image you can get if you log in during this event!(Unfortuately, due to problems with my phone, I couldn't get it...Sigh... The GPS just can't read my location via SIF app yet Google Maps work perfectly...)

The talk show(which is long uploaded onto Youtube; this is just one of the LINK I found of it~)
is of contents of SIF event; the booths, goods, etc.(which Guilty Kiss did a bit of showcase during their Nico Nama on 9/6)
Plus the schedule of the talk shows that will be happening in these 2 days and the voice actors also played SIF on the big screen too(tho at the start, it was mess as they stood at the wrong places~)

Moreover, there was mention of the 4 days(from 9/6-12/6) stamp collection event in Ikebukuro
^The face Anchan made when seeing Chika stamp is so far away and then ppl whom have already collected all stamps was priceless!!!(ard 48:48 & 49:55 of the vid link)

A little divert from SIF:

Explanation of this stamp collection event: 
The members' stamp venues were scattered around Ikebukuro; See here

  1. Chika: Joysound Ikebukuro
  2. Riko: Ikebukuro Sunshine City; a fruit drink store, 果汁工房 果琳(Karin)- easily seen when going up the escalator
  3. Kanan: A restaurant called なか卯(but it is the one nearer to Sunshine City)
  4. Dia: Ikebukuro Sunshine City- SIF Thankgiving event hall C
  5. You: Animate Ikebukuro
  6. Yoshiko/Yohane: gamers Ikebukuro(this was hard to find...Located at side street and the sign board was small... Easy to miss it, kept walking in circles before finding it...)
  7. Hanamaru: Sega GiGo Ikebukuro
  8. Mari: Another restaurant called Sukiya(すき家) and again the one nearer to Sunshine City
  9. Ruby: Sega Collaboration Cafe Ikebukuro(it is in Sega but basement 2)- this is also where you can get LLSS subunit drinks too(again, I will talk about it later:)
After done collecting, you can exchange for a postcard holder at Ikebukuro Sega(I think there was limited amount per day so best to exchange in the morning:) Also, I think that is why Ruby stamp is put at sega?- so that ppl can just get her as the last stop(which it is) and exchange at the same time...?

Beside stamp collection, there is postcard collection too(hence the free postcard holder- clever marketing technique~)
However, this came with the condition of spending at least 700 yen at each of the members' stamp venues.

^At first, I thought since Chika's is Joysound, does that mean I mean to go sing Karaoke to get her postcard?!!!- In the end, there were merchandises sold plus Chika image drink!
Of course, I got the Chika image drink~

Expected, Mikan drink~
Though Chika's seemed far from the other members', it wasn't~
And luckily, my hotel was near Joysound so it wasn't out of the way(but she was the last one that I went to for the stamp^^;)

Before I continued of my account of this event, I got a confession to make; I didn't know of this event until I visited Animate Ikebukuro on 9/6 and saw You's stamp...
In addition, sort of able to understand that you can get her postcard if you spent at least 700 yen(tho the problem comes with where to exchange till I saw someone exchanging at level 1 of the store~) Spending at least 700 yen at Animate was a easy feat(esp for an anime fan like me, haha~)

After that, I think I went to Sega(cos it was the most easy to find) and plus there were 2 stamps there; Hanamaru and Ruby!-Took a while to find(even asked the staff there)
Hanamaru's was a level down while Ruby was actually in basement 2 which can only be accessed from a staircase/elevator, just near the entrance... Plus I didn't know the LLSS collaboration drinks were sold there(or more like I didn't know there is collaboration cafe down Sega- a new place found then~)

So, I tried the 3 drinks; Cyaron, Azalea and Guilty Kiss.

Once you paid for the drinks, you'll be given these coupons to exchange for the drinks; just pass the coupons to the staffs that were handing out the drinks

The 3 drinks with Dia and of course, the coasters~

Each drink comes with a coaster and there was an option whether to buy the drink with a random charm given(of course, this option is more ex)

Here are the charms that I gotten:

All 3rd years~(Intial was 2xMari and 1xDia- managed to trade off 1 Mari for Kanan's~)

Sadly, couldn't get Riko/Chika coaster/charm but these coasters are nice for collection:) Also, there were people walking around, looking to trade for the coasters and charms- normally, I don't do that but wait for ppl to approach instead cos I can't speak jp well...
It sux to not be able to trade for Chika/Riko but I think the excitement of not knowing and as well the joy & disappointment of getting/not getting the characters you want is what makes random stuff fun~)

As for the drinks:
  • Cyaron: Orange juice + Ramune & Cherry jellies
  • Azalea: Soda + Peach & Muscat jellies
  • Guilty Kiss: Grape Juice + Strawberry sauce & jelly

And out of the 3, I prefer Guilty Kiss's the most(not cos it is my fave subunit; I prefer mild sweet stuff~)

Cyaron is the typical orange juice you can find but cos orange is a cirtus fruit and my mouth was badly dried up that the skin cracked a little(even after going jap so many times, I still can't get used to their dry climate...), orange juice is a painful drink for me...

As for Azalea, I realised that soda drink in jp is like sparkling drinks; plain water with gases. And Azalea is pretty much that... The jellies help a bit in giving some taste... However, if you want a cooling drink, Azalea will be a good choice!

Lastly, Guilty Kiss- Sweet drink with jellies to bite- can't ask for more!!! Plus I was drinking after having dinner so it was a nice drink-dessert~

^That concluded my first day of the trip...I did touch down jp like in the afternoon so it was a good half-day spent~

And now back to SIF:

Though before the talk show started, saw Riko stamp area and got her stamp:

Ahhh~
After the talk show, I went to Hall A-1 where I got the event goodie bag and there was exhibition there(will just be posting some or this post will be too long, haha).

Aqours:










μ's:




^Apologies, dk why I didn't take Rin(tho I'm sure I did but accidently deleted...?) But it's kinda sad how there is no signatures on μ's...

Hall A-1 also sold foods like Yohane's 'Tako'Ball, Fallen Angel's Tears and a few more items that can only be bought in Numazu burgers(but was sold in this venue)- Didn't try it cos I was going to Numazu in a few days then plus the queue...

Then there was Hall A-2 and 3 that held the games sections like free playing of SIF on a TV screen than on phone.
Another game section of 3 different types of games that require 500 yen per play and the points you earned can be used to exchange for items like Shitake cap and the LED ring(can be seen from the ones that the voice actors worn during their talk shows)

And if I did not remember wrongly, the 3 games were tossing the rings, shooting and...Can't remember the last one... I did not play cos again, the queue...

Beside the games, there were display set(the house of sea that appeared in ep 10 that Aqours helped out with)for ppl to take photo with and photo sticker machine as something to commemorate of this event?(doesn't like taking photo of myself so no, haha plus it's 600 yen per play...)

Forgot to add, you can play Love Live SIC for free~





Moving on, went to hall B where there were more exhibitions.



    
SHITAKE!!! Sadly, can't touch him...

This hall was also where the talk shows would be held but I didn't know you need admission tickets to go for them- for Aqours' talk shows... Thought I could watch their subunits' final battle live but guess not... In a way, that saved a lot more time for me to explore this event~




Aqours' clubroom!!! Again, can't go close to it... And there were some stuff I missed like THIS... Bless the Japanese ppl whom were observant~

But the best part is this:

Day 1

Day 2
(that rabbit Dia, raccon Hanamaru and of course the 3 piggy 2nd years +
cape Yohane and RubyKanan holding the pompom)

The puppets from April first~ If you haven't watched, here's the LINK.

Wonder if they will release a plushie of these puppets(haha)










The jackets worn and signed by the voice actors and these jackets were sold here.
After much debate with myself, I bought one myself... Didn't get Riko's(cos of the colors...) but Chika's instead(it's nicer, haha)
^Surprisingly, it is not very thick yet helps prevent the coldness(which was handy in my Numazu trip- will say more in that post~) Think it will be my new jacket to wear to Uni~



Finally, to the last 2 halls which is a trip down; you can't go back once you descend. 

Hall C was where the crane machines were(but the queue was horrible- still rmb it was 3h of waiting time for the nesoberi, considering that if you don't get now, you need wait until October, Novemeber...)- I was aiming for it but seeing the time... Sigh... Anyway, I am not good with crane machine...
There's another that is sort of sure-win since there were staffs teaching you how to get them and they placed the items in a positions that can be gotten from one try; since one try is 2000 yen...
If the items were stuff I want, I would have but tumblr and towel... Nah... Last yr's Honoka Nesoberi would have been better...

Next, there was Noppo Bread and collaboration goods of it sold.
Noppo Bread is the bread first seen in ep 7 when Chika's classmates were giving as support for their Tokyo Live and also the ones that Hanamaru was eating while on the trip to Tokyo.
This bread is only sold in Numazu so it was another opportunity for ppl to try without going to Numazu and again, since I am going, I didn't go for it(and the queue...)

There was also Mito Sea Paradise stuff sold like うちち(Uchichi) keychain.- sadly, didn't see Uchichi there...

Then there's Gamers store where if you buy something from there, a random coaster will be given.


^The designs- sadly, no Chika/Riko but think for this, any character is fine; can't say no to chibi~

And in addition, since this is Hall C where Dia stamp is, any spenditure of at least 700 yen will give one Dia postcard...
You can imagine the amount of postcards I have of her(haha)

There's Yellow Submarine(a card shop) selling Love Live cards; LL Weiss Schwarz and School Idol Collection. And maybe I was slow, the U's exclusive SIF packs were all sold out(or rather the person before me just buy all packets from the last box... Sigh...)
Beside that, there was something like a lucky draw or Kuji. 500 yen per play. So the player/buyer will indicate how many he/she playing(tho this was limited when it was my turn since ppl in front kept spamming 10 plays... Pity to ppl behind...), pay the amount before choosing the 'tickets' which are actually cards- one card per ticket and in each ticket, there's a chance of winning something like a box, secret card or SP card (of your choice).

I was quite lucky; I got a box from just one try!(tho at that time* I preferred to get a secret card of my choice)
*More to say when I am done with the unboxing video~

^It was my biggest win in this trip~

Lastly, there's a sale of the scouting postcards. Similar to SIF where players press scout and a envelope will appear, buyers buy the scouting envelopes.

Each set of one honor and regular student scouting costed 500 yen.
Honor scouting refers to the one using 5 gems/1 green ticket while regular student scouting is the one using friend points

However, unlike the ones in game, there is a chance of getting SSR in Honor Scouting!!!- I think they changed the Rares for SSR(but I could have rmb wrongly...) and for Honor Scouting, you can either get SR, SSR or UR(my aim)

Bought like 4 set(2 by me and 2 by my sis~) and the result:


*Cries* No URs..
Can't be helped but great how one of my and my sis' regular scouting were SSRs~ Plus Got Riko SR and SSR>^<
Only realised the N cards gotten were from the same set^^

EDIT: A showcase of the design of the regular and honor scouting envelopes + normal, SR and SSR envelopes(with some comparision of the old designs):

Left: Honor scouting & Right: Regular Scouting
And compared to the old design(back in 2015 I think):

Left: Honor scouting & Right: Regular Scouting
^Quite like the new design, esp the blue wording on the Honor scouting

UPDATE: Just realised Aqours' & μ's scouting boxes are different
μ's scouting box

Aqours' scouting box

Next, showing the different envelope designs;

First, the normal envelope: 

Front design

Back design

Comparsion between the old and new ones; there isn't any difference except the copyright part(which is how I differentiate them~)
Second, the SR envelope:

Front design

Back design

Comparsion- again, no difference but the copyright~

Lastly, the SSR envelope:

Front design

Back design
No comparsion cos SSR was pretty much introduced to SIF recently.

And no UR envelopes as I didn't get any(*Cries*)
I think these envelopes are great as a collection or used as an envelope to send letters, esp to LL fans whom play SIF!

That is the end of Hall C before another trip down to Hall D where SIF merchandise sale* and exclusive gachapon were at.

SIF merchandise sale required another entrance(and it was the most horrible experience which I will elaborate later...)

Each play of gachapon is 500 yen each; players will pay and get special token to play the gachapon. The only available ones were the magnets and arylic strap.
My sis and I played twice each, with one play of magnet and arylic strap.

The result:

No Riko but nice to get Chika(and both were from my Sis' play, haha~)

9 designs of each type;
LEFT: Arylic Strap | RIGHT: Magnet

Once done playing, it was a straight exit out of the hall.
Suppose a lot of ppl were trying to trade that there was a sign of no trading outside the hall.
However, once gotten down from that level, there were a bunch of ppl standing around, showing their SIF postcards, the gachapons, hoping to trade for their faves... 

As always, I didn't approach cos of my limitation in jp and was trying to find how to get to the merchandise sale... Ended up walking around and got a drink at Riko stamp area for the postcard:

   
A Riko image drink(strawberry drink) and my sis got a Love Live Sunshine drink(lemonade).
I think this store was the most nice as the store staff actually gave 2 Riko postcards even though I paid for both my and my sis' drinks in one receipt!!!

After that, we went to find a seat to rest(and open the SIF envelopes- the result is as seen above~) Didn't eat lunch; was too 'hype'(or rather tired from all the running) tho I may have compromised my sis...

Next, tried to go all the way back to Hall A to try get into the merchandise sale area and realised there was another entrance to go for that... And the waiting time was... 150 minutes... It was horrible but I was planning to get it over with(so that I can go for other things on the 2nd day)

That was how my sis and I queued, waited to the point that we almost wanted to leave(but glad we didn't as the queue moved fast once we were inside a walkway towards Hall D merchandise sale area! And once inside, it was quite spacious to walk around while looking at the merchandises.

I ended up spending a lot^^;
Sad that the SIF 2017 Thanksgiving shirt was already sold out but at least the Aqours shirt with the chibi behind(See HERE) was still available~ 

With this, my sis and I called it a day for SIF event and was back to stamp rally hunting...
Went to Kanan's stamp area first before going to Mari's(which was down the road after Kanan's).
Took a while to find before seeing a queue forming(to get the stamp) and the store staff promoting Kanan's postcard.

^Thought I could get the card from just buying something from there(like a snack) but the usual condition applied; at least 700 yen...
The store was also selling coffee beans(not the usual 3-in-1 packs...) which I doubt I know how to make into coffee so bought a Unagi Bento set to get the postcard.

Unagi!!!XD

While my sis bought a meal at Mari's stamp area to get her postcard(Big thanks to her:) before we went looking for Gamers Ikebukuro for Yoshiko/Yohane stamp... It was really a much harder find than KanaMari...
Took a lot of walking around before seeing it in a building's basement... After that, in the store, think there were too many ppl that the queues to stamp and buy stuff were messed up... In the end, it worked out nice as I stamped and bought something of at least 700 yen to get Yoshiko/Yohane postcard.

And this left Chika's to go which was actually near my hotel(mentioned eariler); it was only a few walks away but Joysound is located at the 6th floor so it may be slight tiring to climb for some; there is an elevator but there was a queue(not gng wait; just want get it over with, haha)
Went there and got Chika stamp!


And of course, got her drink for the postcard~ There 'were' LLSSxJoysound keychains sold too- not sure if it is still sold...?- There 'were' 2 types; either chibi(as shown below) or the original char design

Bought the Chibi ver & got Kanan(not too bad~)

There is a LLSS campaign ongoing right now(until August 31- based on this reddit post)
I don't sing K so passed on that, haha~

And on day 2 of trip, completed the stamp rally!!!- the postcard collection lacked one to complete as Hanamaru's was kinda 'hard' to get... It required a 500 yen used onto crane machine- this was where the problem was... I am bad at crane machine(cos I never did try a lot; only watched from videos) plus I got a bit of phobia... May elaborate later... 
Next, communication with the staff was needed...
Sigh, the horror...But in the end, got it after some awkward exchange...

I exchanged the stamps for the postcard holder on the next day as the exchange time was over; got Chika's stamp like at night so understandable if the exchange was over by then for the day.

The stamp rally and the postcard holder~
And the postcards:

Complete set! Hurray(but rip $$$, haha)

I will conclude this post here.

More to come of this update special from my jap trip; will be talking about my Numazu trip and then the LLSSxSega Collaboration cafe experience in Akihabara.

^Before that, will be making a post on the anniversity of LL- if you followed me in insta/twitter, had already uploaded the work yesterday!

Until then, this is Yaiji signing off!

Yaiji~

No comments:

Post a Comment