Thursday, August 25, 2016

[Updates] Going hiatus...

With school starting, had been real busy that to be able to blog now is a miracle... So while I gt the time, shall update a bit.

Format change

If u've followed my twitter or Deviantart, there was a recent case of my art being used without permission or was there any credits. LINK: Twitter



This was the 2nd time such thing happens; the 1st time wasn't so bad since person/grp/page did credit. This person/grp wasn't too bad to cover my signature but at the very least is to credit the source...
I'm the type that avoid conflict if possible cos there's no end esp when the other party is the unreasonable type! Plus sch started, I don't want unnecessary stuff to handle when I've enough on my hand(gt tons of stuff to do and settle before this term ends...-.-)

As such, I'm letting this case go but it will be the last time!(Will monitor the grp too; one more time and I will report without warning...)
While I'm not a famous artist nor is my art that good as compared to the others(I'm quite surprised that such thing even happened...) plus I wouldn't know if nt for my follower, it still sucks to hav your art being used by people as if it is theirs! 
That is why I'm switching my style of uploading my art... I won't be uploading my artworks onto my blog anymore but instead I will just share links of my art being uploaded either onto Deviantart or Pixiv where watermarks can be put.(Except maybe for char bday, I may upload photo taken works than the cleaned ver; that ver will only be found on DA/Pixiv) 
And welcomed to follow my insta or twitter where WIPs will be uploaded.
If I do upload any artworks, it's likely to be of photo quality than scanned ver. 

This could be the worst decision I ever made for ppl who r watching this blog but to protect my art, it can't be helped.
And of course, I know that watermarks can still be taken away and art thief can still happen... 
Yes and I can't do anything beyond that- it's the same as music; will you buy if you know there's online download of the song? Same as art, if you can easily take an art by just editing away the watermarks and use them to sell & earn money, why nt?-It's free money~

Plus there's a chance I'm moving to tumblr for easier upload and writing(and cos most ppl I followed in twitter r on tumblr~)

Art updates

In addition to the format change, with sch started, I don't have the luxury to spend much time on art. I still draw but just not as much as before^^; Currently has too many WIPs I love to finish but time really isn't on my side... And recommended to follow my twitter for WIPs; recently hadn't been active on insta...

The [LL random doodles] series will hav to be on hold for now- if I do hav inspiration on it, I may work on it?

For compilation of artworks, with sch, I'm trying my best to finish up my current WIPs so that I can add them in before August comes to an end but muse driven me is adding more WIPs than finished works... I may extend until the 1st wk of September or before the sept char bdays come.

Side track a bit
Talking abt char bdays... Just recently, LL wikia just released the results of Honoka bday contest. Naturally, I wasn't in the top 6(I can never win against those top artist plus Koyomi sensei participated in it!-How can I win???) but that wasn't the depressing part- It was the fact my work didn't even get into the notable mention... 
For the few contests I participated; Umi's, Nozomi's, my works had always been in notable mention but to think the Honoka work I did which I feel was one of my best, wasn't inside...When I first saw it, I felt like I was Chika in ep 8; it was frustrating... 
And I was also reminded of how I gt kicked out of tier 2 in EN UmiMaki event; tier 2 is like the notable mention and I wasn't inside... Plus my work was right at the bottom... It was depressing... Could it hav been b'cos of the message I wrote???-I admitted that it won't sit right for a Honoka fan; the fan may even get annoyed by it and there were numerous times when I felt the need to change yet! B'cos it really is my true words to her, I felt honesty was the best or I would have betrayed my belief...
Nonetheless, what's matters in the end was that I had fun:) Anyway, it wasn't an art competition so it's hard to say where my standard is plus comparing to the other artists, my work is nothing~

Afterword

This post is more like my status or announcement to my audience(if there's any) before I go on an 'infinite' hiatus~ Wouldn't feel right to 'leave' for a long while without saying anything^^;

Until then, this is Yaiji signing off! Back to studying~

Yaiji~

2 comments:

  1. So glad you made this post, your ok. I've started online classes for my college this semester and I'm trying my best to keep up with my blog. But I wish you all the luck with your classes and finding inspiration on what to draw next :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, thanks man! Was a little surprising(in a gd way) to see your repy:)
    First, abt this mis-credit case, it was resolved a few weeks ago when the grp finally decided to give credits(nt sure if they self did or one of followers helped...) so yeah, it was alright now^^(will try update a bit to clarify/close this matter~)
    And been busy with my sch semester started with project, tests incoming- hadn't had much of a gd slp for the past few days...
    Next, I still do draw- just maybe a lot of sketches and doodles- in other words work-in-progress(WIP) which I won't upload till I touch-up. My WIPs are normally uploaded via twitter & insta!:)
    Lastly, likewise here; wish you best of luck for your classes too!

    ReplyDelete